Technical Account Manager at Apptio
We are looking for someone to join a team of people who are bright, proactive and passionate about making their customers wildly successful. This person loves working with customers, guiding them, answering questions, and building great relationships with rapport and credibility. The Technical Account Manager has a strong technical aptitude, who loves to problem solve, and enjoys being challenged by complex technical questions. The Technical Account Manager will be the primary point of contact for product adoption with a focus on increasing the customer’s time to value. You will deliver technical guidance and best practices on the Apptio products through mentoring on solution design, performance and scalability.
The Technical Account Manager will manage a portfolio of customers with a focus on optimizing their current capabilities and expanding their use cases by providing them deep technical mentoring in support of their Technology Business Management (TBM) initiatives on their roadmap. Success is measured from the renewal of the Apptio solution. The Technical Account Manager will form close partnerships with our Account Managers, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to contribute to the ongoing success of our customers, as well identify upsell opportunities.
• Integrity: integrity of the individual and the organization
• Passion for performance: a passion for performance and a bias for action, creating real value for all our customers and help them maximize their Apptio ROI
• Innovation: seeking breakthrough opportunities, taking risks and initiating meaningful change
• Focus on people: demonstrating respect for all, and mutual commitment to the success of our team, our business and the customers we serve
What we want you to do:
• Working closely with the customer TBMAs to ensure they become power users of our solution, as well as performing remote training to the consumers as needed.
• Understand in detail the configuration of each customer’s Apptio implementation (data, models, reports, etc.) so that training and mentoring opportunities can be easily identified in a proactive manner.
• Mentoring them to do things more efficiently with our solution with a focus on product and business domain best practices.
• Drive customer enablement plans against the customer’s TBM roadmap to ensure that adoption is mapped to customer’s true needs.
• Coordinate with Support, Product Management, Engineering, & Customer Success to ensure the appropriate level of response to customer needs.
• Analyzes technical concepts and translates them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements to technical features and product functionality
• Quarterback escalated technical issues and collaborate with our support teams to delivery timely solutions
• Assist with driving Apptio best practices and sharing knowledge throughout the organization.
• Gather customer feedback and work with the Product Management team to recommend how to improve product usability.
• Drive or participate in internal organizational initiatives.
• B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS, Finance or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of solid experience in a Technical consultant, Product specialist or Technical analyst role for medium to large-scale business software implementation projects.
• At least 1 year of customer account management experience.
• Client-focused attitude.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively over the telephone, via web based presentations and/or in person.
• Strong Attention to Detail and Excellent analytical, data analysis, & problem solving skills.
• Strong relationship building skills with customers and across company departments.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task across multiple streams of work.
• Proactive, Resilient and resourceful when solving complex problems.
• An understanding of customer’ business initiatives and TBM roadmap.
• Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills.
• Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure environment.
• An outgoing, focused and organized person with a strong will to succeed.
• Previous experience in Managed Services is preferred however, consulting experience or professional services experience is acceptable.
• High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
• ITIL or equivalent & Project management skills and experience a plus.
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
• Hands-on experience with relational databases and data modeling.
• Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets/data in order to streamline the underlying processes into the Apptio solution; versed in formulaic logic (e.g. Excel).
• Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
• Skilled at working with large data sets (in Excel, Access, Flat Files), quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues.
• Scripting skills, e.g. HTML, SQL.
Preferred Business Domain Focus:
• Knowledge of IT services & infrastructure domains including data centers, network / communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development & maintenance.
• Familiarity with IT financial management including budgeting cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling & program portfolio management.
• Understanding of Change Management processes and methodologies a plus
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.