Technical Consultant, ITSM at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Service Management Technical Consultant will be responsible to develop, invest, and maintain thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to Service Management product capabilities and complementary technologies in a client-consulting environment including; Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Configuration, Knowledge and Service Level Management. Lead all technical aspects of the project delivery and solution delivery including:
- Creation and delivery of solutions for customers addressing requirements through technical architecture in consideration of process design, ServiceNow Technical Best Practice and Standards
- Collaborate and Contribute to the creation, deployment and maintenance of Technical Best Practices and Standards
- Ensuring technical deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Active Participant and Contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that Provides Mentoring, Implementation Support, Maturity Maps and Continual Improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through Publication Activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITSM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise, best practices by providing in feedback Loop into Practice for Resource, Process and Technical Continuous Improvement
- Achieve ITSM Practice and Individual KPI's and Metrics as defined
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs
To be successful in this role you have:
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments.
- 3+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- Experience of ITIL, minimum foundation level, ideally higher. Knowledge of other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps or COBIT beneficial.
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL, SAML/SSO and other such technologies.
- Active listener, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input whilst demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems during project delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Committed to customer satisfaction and reference ability and ensures that actions contribute towards a positive experience by the customer.
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.