Technical Support Engineer
The TAC Support Engineer is responsible for acting as the Subject Matter Expert providing in-depth technical expertise and analysis supporting our customer base and internal Avalara departments for CertCapture, AvaTax and all related Connectors. This involves working directly with customers, responding to email requests in a timely manner, working closely with Avalara engineers to resolve issues, as well as participating in engineering and product management meetings.
As part of the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you will be the first point of escalation for issues outside of other Product Support Specialists. You will be required to document each customer contact, troubleshoot technical issues, escalate to engineering as needed, and manage issues through to resolution. You will be expected to live by our ‘Cult of the Customer’ philosophy and will be held accountable for increasing the overall satisfaction of our customer base. This includes assisting in the creation and implementation of customer centric processes and workflow, performing to prescribed metrics goals, and contributing to an environment of accountability, growth, and positive employee morale.
- Drive a proactive and simplified customer interaction for escalated issues.
- Own Tier 3 CertCapture, AvaTax and related Connector technical issues through resolution.
- Perform Ticket analysis and response for all escalated tickets
- Basic correlation and trending identification.
- Common thematic items.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, maintaining accurate and timely records in our case tracking system.
- Attain proficiency in the primary functions and technical workings for CertCapture, AvaTax and related Connectors, and all Avalara services.
- Comprehend technical interoperability with all products in Avalara Portfolio, initially focusing on our CertCapture product.
- Manage personal ticket workload to meet department SLAs and expected clarity and quality of documentation.
- Perform technical escalation management functions as required for all issues requiring assistance from other Avalara departments and Partners.
- Collaborate with Tier 1/2 teams and the department QA team for process improvement and training.
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customers and other Avalara sales and support staff.
- 2+ years in a technical support environment supporting software or SaaS products.
- In depth technical expertise in supporting software or SaaS products.
- Intermediate CertCapture knowledge.
- Intermediate knowledge in two or more, AvaTax or OEM connectors.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction.
- Advanced Issue troubleshooting skills for the most efficient resolution and/or escalations.
- Strong team collaborator across multiple functional areas.
- Expertise in Salesforce and queue management.
- Experienced in customer relationship and call management.
- Ability to maintain proper communication with customers and managers regarding case management and status on a daily basis.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency with the following languages for scripting and debugging:
- Technical competency in APIs and data manipulation.
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements.
- Mastery of data flows between customer and Avalara products.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.