Technical Support Specialist at Hostwinds
Hostwinds is changing the face of the hosting industry from the start with a set of new standards: offering quality hosting services at a reasonable price. We pride ourselves in our great customer service to our clients. We provide a full range of services from basic hosting, to enterprise cloud deployments. We are developing new cutting edge technologies and are looking for new team members who share our passion.
We are currently looking for a Technical Customer Support Tier 1 agents to join our growing team.
As a member of our Support Team you will deliver excellent customer service to our clients. You will be responsible for resolving problems relating to their hosting services and answer any questions they may have about our products.
Support areas include: cPanel, network connectivity, PHP (no development), MySQL (install/update), Plesk (support), Apache (basic configuration & trouble shooting), OS installation, routing/delivery, DNS and hosting package installation. We deliver Windows and Linux based hosting. You will be providing support through phone, chat, and email based ticketing system.
We provide support 7x24x365 and have varying shift schedule. Currently we are recruiting for the following shifts:
First Shift (Day): 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM PST
Second Shift (Swing): 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM PST
Third Shift (Overnight): 9:30 PM - 6: 00 AM PST
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Excellent professional written & oral communication skills
- Passion for technology and willingness to learn new skills
- Strong typing skills at least 60 (Words Per Minute)
- Ability to produce one high-quality knowledge base article per week
- Knowledge of computer software (installs, updates)
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer programs in a fast pace multi tasking environment
- Familiar with word press
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming chats, phone calls in a professional manner
- Assist our clients with integrity and respect
- Assist in creating tickets to resolve clients needs
- Communicate with our billing and technician teams in regards to support tickets by providing technical details to resolve client issues.
Why work for us:
- Entry Level Technical Support Position
- Benefits (Medical, Vision and Dental) after 60 days of employment!
- Free parking at our Seattle office
- Generous PTO & Holiday Pay
- Great Coffee and Snacks
- Company Parties
- Fun Work Culture
- Training & Career Development
Position located in Seattle office, we do not offer telecommuting. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Hostwinds is a Seattle based hosting company that was founded in 2010. Hostwinds began changing the face of the hosting industry from the start with a set of new standards: offering quality hosting services, at a reasonable price. Our dedicated staff ensure that our clients feel respected, satisfied and cared for at all times.