Technical Support Specialist
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The team is seeking a Technical Support Specialist with experience working in a technically-oriented, fast-paced service position. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of high-quality work with attention to detail, consistently productive impacting team and individual KPIs and contributing to team projects on time, all while putting customers first.
What's the job really?
- Research, resolve complex product and technical support problems, utilizing our CRM and tools.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to operating systems, wireless carriers, mobile apps (iOS and Android), install/setup, and integrations with third-party products.
- Manage cases with accuracy to help drive critical customer analytics needed to radiate cross-functionally and to senior leadership influencing product improvements and improved customer experience.
- Consistently meet daily / weekly KPIs
- Be a strong team player who shares the load and helps others
- Reliable attendance. Consistent attendance is super important on our team. We believe, and we advocate work-life balance.
- Flexible to work a staggered work schedule. May include working on-call during off-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Seek out opportunities and contribute to workflow process improvements by suggesting a change
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (sales, billing, operations) to support business development efforts for both small, medium, and enterprise accounts
- Serve as the customer experience ambassador when collaborating with other departments on new initiatives and projects
- Build customer loyalty by build rapport with customers and help resolve issues including business, technical and billing.
- Advocate quality in every aspect.
What you bring to the table:
- 3 years of experience in of technical support/helpdesk role troubleshooting Windows or Mac environments (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with wireless networks, mobile devices preferred
- High technical proficiency and excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Clear and effective verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve technical problems and provide effective solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organization and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, proactive at identifying and resolving issues, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate improvements as a Voice of the Customer ambassador.
You will work with technologies including Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and other software, as needed. Your primary responsibilities will be responding to and contacting customers to assist with our products, solving technical problems, maintaining customer relationships on behalf of the company, and working with customers to resolve any issues promptly.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to come and go from the work area daily, talk, listen, use a personal computer and telephone, read and understand documents containing text and/or numbers. Heavy computer usage is required for this position.
What we offer:
- Fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices. Note we’ve since moved into an even cooler office (300 Elliot Ave).
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a generous matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to the office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
Being an equal opportunity employer is important to us. We work hard everyday and value an inclusive and diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.