Technical Support Trainer
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest-growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Technical Support Trainer that could help scope, design and deliver programs for successfully onboard new hires and develop product and technical skills. We are seeking someone who will advocate for a customer-centric support approach and share our company DIRECT values.
The ideal candidate will effectively collaborate with Support, Sales and HR leadership to implement learning and development programs and improve quality standards to enhance both the employee and customer experience.
What's the job really?
- Be the go-to trainer for any support training initiative.
- Drive business impact by identifying creative ways to train the Support team, internal/external customers, and future partners.
- Develop new hire training plans to ensure success for new employees from Day 1. This includes training new Support members on all systems, processes, procedures, and technology; along with business etiquette, soft skills and customer service standards.
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user team members and partners.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness; including audio, video, simulations, role plays, gamification.
- Collaborate with other Zipwhip training team members and cross-functional groups (Sales and Customer Success) to manage and improve the end-to-end Support training experience.
- Mentor and train internal and external trainers as part of a train-the-trainer program.
- Learn new features and training materials that correspond with each major product release. Support updates, revisions and improvements to any existing content, courses, and materials.
- Work directly or indirectly with internal/external customers or partners to develop detailed training plans for the team.
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission for the training program; expand the training program to meet business goals.
- Maintain a full understanding of all Support processes, becoming a Subject Matter Expert resource.
- Collaborate with leadership to drive improvement ideas generated through auditing and training outcomes.
- Ensuring the strategic alignment of the training department with business goals.
- Evaluating individual and organizational performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance; identify training KPIs to measure success.
- Remain customer-obsessed, and provide the best possible training experience.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of training-related work experience. Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services. A proven track record of training program development and management.
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content. Experience in training and developing onsite, remote and virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, or a related discipline. Knowledge of learning and development of best practices. Professional certification, such as CPTM, is preferred.
- Must be able to perform independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- Moderate analytical skills to deep dive into data for training need analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Engineering, Sales, and Success team.
- Proven ability to learn new knowledge fast and develop instructional courses.
- Maintains diligent attention to detail and high-quality bar.
- Travel as needed for vendor onsite training activities.
What we offer:
- Fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices. Note we’ve since moved into an even cooler office (300 Elliot Ave).
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a generous matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
Being an equal opportunity employer is important to us. We work hard every day and value an inclusive and diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.