Trailer Operations Specialist at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:44 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 3, 2019
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
About you: As a member of the trailer operations team, you will collaborate with teams across the organization to improve the processes and product utilized in day to day operations. You are process oriented and analytical, but comfortable with ambiguity due to the ever changing nature of this role. You take ownership of problems and have a desire to grow a team from the ground up.
You will take ownership of:
- Managing all operations, assets, and metrics for a select region
- Optimizing processes in order to increase efficiency and automate much of the daily operations
- Collaborating with the product team to create the internal tools needed to scale program
- Become a subject matter expert for your team’s focus area in order to provide expertise and support for expansion
- Scaling small team into a core operational function within Convoy - the potential for growth is huge and the early team members will have a critical role in defining where this team goes
You will have the following skills and experience:
- BA required
- 0-3 years professional / business experience
- Desire to create new and refine existing processes
- Strong analytical skills - Excel and SQL preferred
- Scrappiness - we are looking for candidates who can hustle and improvise solutions
- Cross team collaboration to work with many orgs throughout the company
- Strong communication skills and keen attention to detail
- Developed organizational skills and ability manage many different priorities at once
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and ever changing work environment
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!