The Outreach Training Team serves its customers through a variety of experiences, so the ideal candidate will have an understanding of both Virtual Instructor-Led and On-Site Classroom experiences.
The Training Manager is tasked with operationalizing Outreach’s Global Instructor-Led Training program to deliver the best-in-class training experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a consultative mindset with background and experience in leading training teams for software-based products. They will partner with the Instructional Design, Customer Success, and Professional Services leadership teams to ensure educational program alignment to implementation needs and ongoing customer success needs. Additionally, they will be quick to help advise customers on how best to leverage our training services to enable their teams.
Success will be measured via the scaling of Outreach training programs to meet global and platform expansion needs. Customer sentiment and measurable outcomes post-training will also be a key indicator of success.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager of the Customer Education team. This person can be based in Seattle or fully remote anywhere in the U.S.
About the Team
The Customer Education Team reduces barriers to learning Outreach by building and delivering world-class educational products to all our customers based upon common roles and workflows. We focus on scale first, developing modular material - from On-Demand to Instructor-led offerings - to get our customers up-to-speed quickly and improve the way they work. Most importantly, the education team helps ensure quick adoption and outcomes post-training by crafting customized messaging, to targeted audiences, with clear calls to action.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Managing day-to-day training operations
- Partnering with PS Operations to design and develop advanced reporting and analytics that will inform strategic direction
- Collaborating with Customer Success and Professional Services to deliver training in all phases of the Post-Sales lifecycle
- Consulting with Customer-based Enablement teams on how to best enable their teams
- Monitoring resources to ensure training capability grows with demand
- Hiring / Onboarding (Training) new team members as needed
- Engaging Partner Training Services to help scale training offerings
- Mentoring and Coaching team members
- Partnering with Instructional Designers to develop new training material and enhance existing content (such as a Train the Trainer program, new modules to support product advancements, etc)
- Implementing tools and methodologies to streamline intake and deliveryGathering activity data, such as feedback and attendance
- Monitoring and Reporting on training activities to leadership
- Expanding the team to support global training needs across numerous geos and timezones
- Continually re-imagining training delivery and approach to ensure the most impactful, scalable and modern tactics are being leveraged
- Working with the Sr. Manager of Education and Finance to develop and monitor financial metrics for spend pertaining to training engagements and analysis as well as key forecasting models and annual budgets
- 5+ years managing fast-paced, global Enterprise Training teams
- 3-5 years experience in a related field such as Consulting, SaaS implementation or training, or hands on training experience
- Experience building customer enablement programs for both scale and Enterprise use cases
- Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent, professional training, and/or certifications
- Experience in using data to develop programs and measure execution and effectiveness of training programs
- Strong empathy for customers
- Experience driving a revenue-driven business
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as excellent organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-department collaboration
- Ability to grow, coach, and mentor employees
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge and understanding of Sales as a discipline
- Aptitude and passion for technology and software products/platforms
- Experience with Salesforce (FinancialForce), Webinar tools (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.), Project Management Tools (Asana, Smartsheet), and Google Workspace.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status