The Expedia Group Retail Local Markets Team is responsible for the regional performance and growth of Expedia’s business, actively partnering with multiple teams across our dynamic organization. We are currently seeking an experienced and driven e-commerce professional to drive North America key growth initiatives across a portfolio of Expedia Group brands.
In the Markets Activation Manager/Sr. Manager role, you will have the opportunity to have a finger on the pulse of the travel industry. Using our rich and highly detailed market insights and performance trends, you will activate new projects and capabilities to grow and strengthen Expedia Group’s business in our flagship market. You will drive the prioritization and coordination of critical business initiatives across a matrixed organization, working with various teams to close gaps and identify new opportunities. Additionally, you will contribute to the local strategy and growth for the region while working hand-in-hand with marketing, retail, product, supply, and customer service teams.
What You Will Do:
- Identify paths for growth and key enablers using comprehensive insights on our customers, partners, market, and competitors
- Supporting the definition of geo-market strategy and prioritization across brands
- Develop project plans and roadmaps to ensure alignment on execution and deliverables
- Define geo-related goals and important metrics across teams to ensure accountability
- Share best practices across global retail market teams to build an effective activation toolkit
- Lead execution-focused workstreams that cross multiple teams within the organization, including global marketing, product, and supply teams
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years industry experience (travel or consumer e-commerce preferred)
- University degree preferred
- Able to successfully define and deliver complex projects end-to-end with positive return on investment, from business case through deployment
- Project and/or program management, customer research, and presentation development
- Experience with developing business cases to feed into agile product management workstream
- SME with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.