Vice President of Customer Success at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:38 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, November 30, 2019
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Vice President of Customer Success will be the chief customer leader for driving exceptional post-sale customer success and experience for every Auth0 customer, and is ultimately accountable for ensuring all Auth0 customers rapidly deploy, adopt and expand their use of Auth0.
You will be responsible for 100+ employees in all post-sales functions, including Technical Account Management (TAM), Support, Professional Services, as well as quasi-evangelist roles like our Customer Success Architects. You will be part of the Go-To-Market leadership team and report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
What You Will Do
- This senior executive will iterate upon and evolve our already successful post-sales functions to support the explosive growth Auth0 has seen, and will continue to experience for the foreseeable future.
- Technical Account Management: Our TAM team must increase the value of guidance and prescription it provides as it onboards and supports new customers from signature date to application go-live. This will require revision and expansion of that team’s playbook with variations by customer segment, as well as creation of a programmatic ‘tech touch’ content machine to support smaller customers at scale. Implementation and tracking of a standardized CSAT measurement (beyond just churn and expansion metrics) and the championing of that measurement across the business will also be important.
- Enablement and Professional Services: Our PS organization provides enablement, pair programming and design review services to less than 10% of our customers. While not interested in building a pyramidal, traditional PS package, we do believe this team can increase its reach within our customer base to drive faster and more successful adoption and license utilization at scale. You will work with team members to augment and implement this strategy.
- Support: The Auth0 Support organization provides 24/7 coverage for our global enterprise customer base. You will work with the Support team to help grow the degree to which it can deflect tickets to centralized Q&A resources, the Auth0 Community, as well as devise and implement other strategies to help the org scale with the demands of the business.
You Will Also
- Create evangelists by listening to customers closely and delighting them with our post-sale service.
- Wear the customer's shoes and represent the voice of the customer to influence internal stakeholders. Be the champion of the customer.
- Increase NPS and CLTV by defining the customer journey and architecting the customer engagement process to exceed customer service expectations and deliver business value to our customers.
- Own key operational metrics like expansion, churn, and contraction; professional services revenue; and customer satisfaction.
- Relentlessly pursue operational excellence to efficiently deliver exceptional service..
- Hire, train, and develop a world-class team
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Computer Science or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years of proven leadership in post-sale customer success, support, and/or services
- 5+ years of leadership in a VP Customer Success, Chief Customer Officer or equivalent role at $100M scale or higher
- Demonstrated track record of running global customer success, support, and services at scale for a cloud software provider, preferably working with customers ranging from a diverse customer set from SMB through Fortune 500 companies
- Proven strong executive leadership and decision making abilities
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision along
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring, developing and managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 30% (US and internationally)
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description