Vice President, Global Head of Real Estate & Facilities at Expedia Group
The Vice President, Real Estate & Facilities leads the global team responsible for managing all of Expedia Group’s existing real estate locations, developing and executing a comprehensive strategy for our real estate portfolio and facilities service. You will actively manage our real estate portfolio across 60 countries and focus on optimizing our footprint whilst ensuring a best-in-class place to work.
As global leader, you will be motivated by continuous improvement and a transformative approach, with experience leading highly successful real estate development teams in a fast-paced environment. You will be relationship-oriented and have a passion for real estate, meeting new people, real estate transactions and managing a motivated team. The Vice President, Real Estate & Facilities will have a broad set of responsibilities and tasks, working closely with all aspects of the company as a high-profile member of management. Teams supporting this role will be a mix of internal and external contractors.
What you’ll do:
- Manage over 4+ million square feet of leased property spread across the globe; 63% located outside the US. And 600,000 square feet of owned property at our Seattle HQ.
- Drive our portfolio and efficiency. Oversee leases, acquisitions/dispositions, site selection, construction, evaluation and property management.
- Direct due diligence, entitlements, budgets, architectural design, site engineering, permitting and project scheduling from acquisition through completion.
- Negotiate letters of intent, terms and conditions of leases, term sheets, and lease agreements on a regular basis, often in partnership with internal and external counsel.
- Partner with the development team members to ensure a seamless hand-off from leasing to design and construction.
- Drive effective sourcing and project management of construction projects in partnership with Finance, Operations, and our Construction teams.
- Oversee facilities management and staffing through our vendor partners. Manage these relationships and further network within the organizations.
Who you are:
- Global leadership experience in Commercial Real Estate, Urban Planning, Legal and/or Finance.
- Established lease and purchase agreement negotiation experience.
- Strong numerical bias and analytical mindset. Motivated by continuous improvement and challenging the status quo.
- Develop complete knowledge and understanding of market dynamics, demographics, competition, etc. along with strong working relationships with brokers, landowners, retail clients, government officials, etc.
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and external partners.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability, in a fast-evolving environment.
- Passion for Results: Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth.
- A Team Player: who has thrived in demanding, intellectually charged environments, has strong convictions and can win credibility and contribute across the breadth of a business and its senior management team.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.