At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
The Vice President, Carrier Relations is responsible for managing Assurance’s day-to-day relationships with their assigned Medicare and < 65 carriers and the prospecting and onboarding of new carriers. The Vice President will identify carriers, negotiate with them, contract with them to allow us to represent them and sell their products and thereby generate revenue.
You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve carrier performance and leveraging technology and Assurance best practice data to promote change. While maintaining regular communications with carriers, the Vice President serves as a liaison between his/her carriers and key internal stakeholders to ensure that Assurance offers the optimal mix of products to ensure a successful partnership. The Vice President is responsible for exploring new partnerships, including the analysis of new products. The Vice President is responsible for negotiating contracts with carriers to ensure the most favorable terms and serves as a liaison between Assurance and appropriate carrier contacts on critical issues pertaining to compliance, revenue and other financial related issues, as well as contract negotiations and other legal discussions as they arise.
As part of the relationship with carriers, the Vice President works with carriers to provide marketing support, lead programs, bonuses and top level comp agreements to manage the profitability of the business. Additionally, the Vice President works closely with their carriers to ensure the appropriate mix of business for the carrier and that our business is performing well and meeting key carrier metrics.
What you will do:
- Long-term management of existing carrier relationships, including conducting in depth business reviews and identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and grow the business.
- Identify, contact, contract and implement new carriers and products.
- Serve as point of escalation for operational issues for assigned carriers.
- Develop annual business plans and prepare regular business reviews for carriers.
- Serve as liaison with other Assurance business leaders to uncover and communicate changes and enhancements to carrier partners.
- Conduct other analysis/research as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to work remotely and independently.
- 10+ years’ experience working with Medicare and < 65 Health plans.
- Project Management experience.
- Must be willing to travel extensively within the US.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across functional areas.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to interact at VP+ level.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to remain flexible with changing business objectives.
- Management experience required, minimum of 10 years.
Please review our CCPA policies here.
Read Full Job Description