We are seeking an expert leader for our Contact Center Team; the team at the heart of providing support directly to both existing and prospective members.
The VP, Contact Center will be responsible for the development and execution of our contact center strategy for sales, retention, and customer care teams. They will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of real-time support via multiple channels and the overall service levels and brand representation.
The role, reporting to the Co-President, will require the experience of running contact center teams and be highly proficient in motivating, developing, and leading teams. They will have a focus on data, efficiency, effectiveness, and best-in-class member support. As a senior member of the Trupanion Team, the VP, Contact Center will work cross-functionally to deliver the most engaging and effective sales and member support possible.
Our headquarters is in Seattle, WA but this position can be remote eligible if you are open to frequent travel to Seattle.
At a high level the role will require:
- Operational oversight of 200+ call center team members
- The establishment of a detailed training roadmap to help nurture and develop individuals, teams, and their leaders
- Development of product-specific training to build confidence related to servicing members and value creation across products and countries.
- Development and delivery of reporting to the wider business-related to key goals and performance indicators
- Understanding of the latest contact center techniques and technology to continue to keep Trupanion at the cutting edge of member support.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Fosters effective working relationships with key internal business partners across the organization to create an environment of knowledge sharing.
- Development of a customer-focused and real-time contact strategy with key member experience teams
- Oversight of member-facing contact center operations with a view to understanding and building performance related scorecards related to key contact center performance metrics
- Analysis and interpretation of data; identifying trends, and general use of data to influence key resourcing needs and conversion opportunities
- Building strong relationships with internal partners and representing the Contact Center Team throughout the business
- Development of core talent with a priority on individual team growth and fulfillment
- Oversight of new products and international support where needed.
- Development of compensation packages that represent the value of every touchpoint to increase team member satisfaction and retention
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for sales (additional inbound, outbound, etc), member support; be able and willing to innovate, and think simply and quickly
- Oversight of operational budgets with a focus on driving and increasing efficiencies across all teams.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of proven Contact Center leadership experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of success
- Sales minded with a focus on quality and an appreciation of brand-led conversations
- Team Development & leadership
- Data & analytics - experience making decisions based on data
- Excellent communication skills with a bias to action through relationship building
- A team mentality with a strong sense of mission and fun!
Please include a cover letter with your application!
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/ We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.