VP, International Expansion at Leafly
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 31, 2019
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
We are looking for a driven, innovative, experienced business leader to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis industry.
As the Vice President of International Expansion, you will help deliver a world-class customer experience and launch new countries and services across the globe. You will be responsible for product localization based on a country’s legalization and business opportunities; language translation; launch marketing; market assessment and overall global strategy. You will drive and own the key inputs (eg. marketing spend); the core localized product experience; and key outputs (brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer engagement).
The role will have a major focus on quickly identifying and prioritizing new international market opportunities; managing a team of product managers and marketers to build and launch new localized products; and working to iterate and scale those products, moving onto new markets and territories quickly and effectively. The candidate will play a vital role in defining the Leafly global brand, leveraging the core product to launch localized versions in-country, establishing local marketing channels, and driving Leafly global brand awareness and adoption.
The candidate will be data-driven with a proven track record of managing efficient, nimble teams across varying geographies, and driving growth in a nascent business. This leader will provide steady strategic leadership in an incredibly dynamic, ever-changing environment. They will be willing to experiment and take risks to move quickly and acquire and retain customers. This person must have strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for technology and information products, and strong cross-functional leadership skills. Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop a dynamic framework to assess global market opportunities for Leafly expansion
- Build a team of product managers and marketers out of our Seattle headquarters
- Work with your team to localize our existing product offering for new markets
- Define and execute a comprehensive go to market strategy for each country including customer analysis, customer options, revenue model, launch, and 3-year P&Ls
- Work across Leafly to align goals with broader business objectives
- Grow customer base and engagement in each country
- Innovate and implement learnings from new markets throughout the business
- Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews, and present findings to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years management experience, 5+ years managing disperse teams
- Ability to hire, develop and manage a world-class team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
- Track record of performance excellence
- Preferred qualifications
- MBA preferred
- Experience with a technology product
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description