Blue Nile is seeking a Technology Leader to drive the future of our customer service and showroom platforms and help Blue Nile's goal of providing superior customer support.
We need a leader who is passionate about using technology to create amazing customer experiences and do so at scale. This person will work with the strategy team and other key stakeholders to plot a course for the evolution of our customer support tool as well as the tools and technologies our consultants use in the store. To empower this, you will oversee and grow both the infrastructure and engineering teams crafting these solutions. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required; a strong sense of ownership is also critical. Business and financial acumen will also be important as you make decisions between internal products or off the shelf. Your work will have executive-level visibility and directly impact our bottom line.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Work with strategy and product teams to define the product vision and craft the technology roadmap behind our customer service and showroom interactions
- Help shape the culture of the organization and develop the systems to re-enforce it
- Engage onsite and vendor teams to oversee the technology build-out of our showrooms
- Oversee the modernization and upkeep of the IT resources necessary for all Blue Nile employees
- Mentor, develop, and guide your engineering directors, engineering managers, and engineers so they can do their best work
- Participate in all steps of the recruiting process to build our engineering team
- Manage a technology budget and develop an annual plan
- Create a cloud vision for your applications and align with other technology leaders as we improve our disaster recovery stance and compute elasticity
- Proven track record of mentoring individual contributors and managers across a broad set of disciplines
- Proven track record delivering high-quality features to production using agile methodologies
- Strong analysis, design, development skills and experience setting multi-year architectural roadmaps
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business leaders throughout the company
- Experience with microservice architectures, DevOps and cloud computing
- Experience setting up and managing vendor engagements
- Experience managing a people and technology budget and understanding of labor capitalization
- Advocate for data-driven decision and success metrics