Associate Director, Product Manager - Data platforms at Chewy
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 17,000 members-dispersed across our corporate offices, customer service centers, and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too…. which isn't hard to do when you have your favorite four-legged friends by your side.
We are re-imagining our customer data platform that gathers online site behavior data to enable growing customer behavior and product analysis and support targeting, personalization and dynamic content on our website. We are looking for a Associate Director, Product Manager for our online data platform to join our pack at Boston or Seattle offices to set the vision and strategy for our online data platform and create a product roadmap that meets the needs of a broad set of stakeholders including analytics, personalization, CMS and other teams. As a Associate Director, Product Manager, you will own vision for and execution of this product. You will create multi-year plans for bundling this platform while working cross-functionally across Product, Technology, Analytics, Marketing, and Executive teams to bring the plan to fruition. You will also serve as the customer advocate, ensuring the voice of the customer is embedded in every decision.
What you will do:
- You will partner with business and analytics stakeholders to research and recommend an innovative product strategy. You will build product design, identify third party solutions, and take make vs buy decision to build a comprehensive vision for the online data platform.
- You will build a three year and one year product roadmap and create an execution plan including annual operating plan to gain consensus and make tough trade-offs.
- You will lead cross-functional engineering teams, acting both as product and project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and guide dev work,
- You will work with third party vendors to integrate their tools into the final product as needed.
- You will define timelines, success criteria, and test cases. You will prioritize enhancements and bug fixes and guide ongoing development and product iteration.
- You will own communication, cadence, progress reporting, and will interface with other product teams to ensure your product designs and timeline meets their needs.
What you will have:
- 8 Years+ experience including 3+ years of digital product management experience, preferably in data or web platform products.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Data Engineering, Analytics, Business, or related fields
- Experience owning, building, and communicating long-term vision and product development, preferably in data related space.
- Previous exposure to data platforms and solutions such as web analytics (Adobe, Google, Mix Panel), AB testing tools, Customer data platforms (Segment, mParticle), data pipelines (Kafka, Kinesis Firehose) and data warehouse (Snowflake Vertica) is preferred
- Experience collaborating with Developers/Engineers and with other product teams.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, communication and decision-making skills with abilities to interpret data, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans.