Associate Product Manager, Platform at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As an Associate Product Manager on the Platform team, you will help deliver the content, tools, and experiences needed by clients to support their investment decision making process. To be effective in your role, you will develop a strong understanding of our users, knowledge of the PitchBook Platform, and how the Product, Development, and Support functions at PitchBook work together to drive success.
This specific role coordinates how the PitchBook Platform team provides support, including troubleshooting issues and finding opportunities for process improvements. You will also have the opportunity to work on prioritizing platform features and improvements depending on availability.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build expertise in the subject matter and understanding PitchBook user needs
- Become an expert in the PitchBook Platform functionality and how clients use PitchBook tools
- Prioritize, track, coordinate and communicate on projects, issues and tasks with internal stakeholders including Support, Customer Success, and the broader Product team
- Gather requirements and create detailed functional specifications to deliver strong business value
- Support CRM Integration features and troubleshooting
- Coordinate improvements to PitchBook's Chrome Extension
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables, and operational processes
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to facilitate projects
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- 1+ year of customer facing product management experience or equivalent. Experience defining and shipping digital solutions
- Demonstrated history of effective troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with Salesforce, JIRA, or other case-management systems
- Interest in Finance and the Private Capital markets
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions