Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows us to communicate with our shippers electronically and reduces manual workload. Establishing EDI integrations with our shippers is crucial to unlocking growth and scale in our operations. As an EDI Program Manager you will work closely with internal Convoy operations and product teams, external customers, and vendors to ensure successful EDI integrations. You will determine priority of projects, define requirements and deliverables, schedule and track integration progress, identify and resolve technical issues, and communicate progress across all stakeholders. Ideal candidates will be adaptable, resilient, and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action
As a member of the Product and Engineering team you will need to understand priorities across Convoy’s Demand organization and ensure alignment with the EDI project pipeline. As strategy and priorities shift, you will need to react quickly and adapt. To be successful you will need to have intimate knowledge of operational details, manage business priorities, and be comfortable applying a systems thinking framework to dissect complex and technical problems. You must also have a strong ability to manage communications, both with external customers and internal teams.
- Steer efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Interact extensively with business users to evaluate operational requirements and define project milestones, timelines, and resourcing
- Draft EDI transmissions in a test environment with our vendors and end customers
- Translate account operational requirements into EDI logic by providing detailed instructions for our vendors and engineering teams
- Provide reporting as necessary on project status, risks, issues and mitigation plans
- Prioritize integration requests and effectively communicate priority actions and changes to internal stakeholders
- Ensure the constant flow of communication between the customer, account operations team, engineering, and management so that all stakeholders are apprised of statuses and challenges
- End-to-end management of EDI integrations including launch coordination and post launch bug tracking, resolution, and escalation
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering, product management, and business leaders to understand priorities and drive focus on strategic and tactical program priorities
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience working directly with technical teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience building processes, project management, and developing release schedules
- Experience at high growth companies and/or startups
- Experience managing workflow with remote teams
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!