Business Product Owner at ServiceNow
This position reports to: HI Business Management Global Product Owner
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
About the HI Business Product Owner Role:
The HI Business Product Owner (BPO) role, located in Santa Clara, CA at ServiceNow is instrumental in supporting the ongoing growth and success of ServiceNow. The BPO is responsible for ensuring that all operational processes are efficient, effective, and provide a user-friendly and enjoyable experience to our internal users and customers.
The ideal candidate will provide a cover letter along with their application and resume.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define product strategies, goals, KPIs, best practices and measures that are aligned with ServiceNow’s organizational goals.
- Oversee product governance, implementation, execution, adoption, performance and maturity.
- Monitor and report on process performance against KPIs and process health.
- Align process improvement plans with other BPOs within Product Operations and other interfacing processes.
- Identify gaps and issues; design problem solutions, including the definition and collection of clear, actionable business requirements.
- Define and promote business product changes which continuously increase maturity and sustain each level of maturity.
- Drive ServiceNow product improvement by testing and adopting out-of-box processes and supporting tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Product Ownership
- Designing and Implementing process, and Governing Processes and Procedures
- Documenting All Product-Related Artifacts
- Setting Product Direction and Designing Future State
- Partnering with Business Units, Understanding Business Pain Points and Designing Solutions
- Assuring Fit for Purpose Processes and Tools
- Prioritizing and Overseeing Programs and Projects
- Preparing and Communicating Best Practices, Case Studies, Tips & Tricks, etc.
- Monitoring Customer Satisfaction and Driving Improvements
- Reporting on Product Performance
- Technology Ownership
- Gathering, Prioritizing and Managing Requirements
- Directing and Overseeing Product Configuration and Development
- Ensuring Business Readiness for Process and Tool Deployments
- Ensuring a High Quality, User-Friendly and Enjoyable Customer Experience
- Supporting Systems that Enable Processes and Users
- Adopting New ServiceNow Products, Applications, Features and Functions
- Working with Product Management and Product Development to Drive Requirements and Improvements to ServiceNow’s Out-of-Box Products
- Change Management
- Raising Product and Process Awareness
- Managing and Directing Process and Product Perceptions
- Motivating Process and Product Users
- Communicating New and Improved Processes and Products to the Organization
- Collaborating with Multiple Business Units and Teams
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A minimum of 5 years of product or process ownership experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems or a related field
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively coordinate and work with cross-functional and international work teams
- The ability to facilitate planning meetings, workshops, reviews and retrospectives
- Excellent communication, negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional leadership, people, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent reporting and data analysis skills
- The ability to prioritize initiatives based on vision and strategic goals
- The ability to focus on detail and follow-through on commitments
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.