Customer Experience Manager at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Marketing Team is looking for a highly creative and passionate Experiential Marketing Manager to develop and drive PitchBook experiences and programs to support our growing Customer Success team. This role requires a strong balance of creativity and refined execution, so we are looking for a candidate eager to experiment, explore new tactics and continually improve our ability to connect with our customers. As someone focused on our clients, this role will be responsible for bringing the PitchBook brand to life through digital & future physical experiences that express our "Make it Fun," "Customers are King" and "Excellence is a State of Mind" core values. This person should wake up every day thinking about how to engage our client base by creating memorable, one-of-a-kind experiences that leave a lasting impression.
The right candidate will be at their best working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while exhibiting ownership over an aggressive roadmap of marketing opportunities. Core to this position will be developing strategy of effective experiential programs that resonate with our customers. Additionally, while maintaining a high attention to detail, this role will own the planning, communication and execution of each program ensuring all stakeholders within the Customer Success, Marketing and the Executive Teams understand the importance and impact of each engagement. Important to this role, is the ability to work effectively across various internal teams by building trust and managing others through influence to build a complementary online and off-line approach to connecting with our customers.
The Marketing Team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing Team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Customer Marketing Team to develop effective experiential marketing programs to increase retention and grow existing accounts by finding creative solutions for our Customer Success Team to engage with clients
- Own and execute experiential marketing activations by setting up detailed project documentation, roles & responsibilities, timelines and budgets that define goals and expectations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Customer Marketing and Creative to ensure visibility and an understanding of each activation while clearly defining why it matters for the Customer Success Team
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Customer Success workflow and systems so that pre and post execution activities are designed to connect our teams directly with their clients in the most efficient way possible
- Manage communication between Marketing and Customer Success to ensure effective event promotion, support, staffing, and training
- Develop an intimate understanding of the PitchBook brand and culture ensuring brand execution through messaging, design, and overall event experience
- When appropriate, execute on annual high-end customer events in San Francisco, New York and London, including customer golf tournaments, soccer tournaments and other highly interactive engagements
- Develop ongoing customer engagement campaigns and programs to increase touch points and interactions with customers
- Create scalable processes to support Customer Success in-person interactions or local-market sponsorships for client driven events
- Evaluate, measure, budget and report on strategic effectiveness of customer programs
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing or related field
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in Marketing and Events Management
- Ability to work productively across diverse teams in rapidly changing situations. Partnership and collaboration is a fundamental requirement
- Demonstrated ability to create successful marketing-driven event programs
- Dependable and able to work without significant supervision
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities. Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with vendors including contract negotiation and management
- Technically savvy. Experience with Marketo or other similar marketing automation programs preferred. Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.