Dir, Outbound Product Mgmt at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Director - ITSM Outbound Product Management GTM
Product Santa Clara, California -Remote, California, San Diego, California
Job Title: Director - Outbound Product Management - ITSM
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA, Remote Bay Area, CA, USA, or San Diego, CA, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Director - Outbound Product Management builds strategies and plans to create efficiency in the Go-to-Market (GTM) efforts across the Product Organization. This individual oversees a team of Product Managers and Program Managers responsible for creating the execution plan, go-to-market content and technical content to support the success of launch. This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working not only with peer inbound and outbound product managers, but also cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Customer Outcomes, Solution consultants, Support and Alliance & Channels. This will include exploring and pitching inorganic methods of providing solutions which solve problems for customers.
If you are passionate about leading the product’s strategy, getting to know its customer and user personas, and developing the tools and campaigns that the company will use to introduce and sell this product to the market, this role is for you!
- Lead ITSM multi-release planning, execution and recommend process improvements.
- Review and establish accurate content creation plan for ITSM Product releases, and solution details for success across field enablement.
- Create and publish content for ITSM Product releases.
- Partner across GTM leaders to produce consistent collateral and enablement content.
- Create and drive automation where applicable to improve process using SN tools or inhouse tools.
- Creates and publishes 18-month roadmap that aligns releases, solution details for success of field enablement.
- Create collaborative content on various X-BUs epics and use cases to address product, platform, upgrade and pricing plans for each release.
- Lead Cross functional application features, propose best practices and create new where needed, product health metric, breadth and depth of use of the product and its individual features.
- Lead the team to creation of demo video on product enhancements and podcasts to enable internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with every individual enablement team to review and make content consistent before being delivered to Field teams.
- Plan and execute to a minimum of 3 releases at a given point in time.
- Partner with Inbound Product Mgmt. regarding Release Planning and GTM Release Management handshakes and execution. Further partner with Inbound to build and publish consistent Blogs and webinars
- Establish accountability and measures of success to execute product releases and programs.
- Create communication interlocks, plan and dashboard related to all major releases.
- Drive interactions through ITSM Community with providing ITSM Best Practices, Campaigns and Product Adoption.
- Work closely with ITx workflows to create product functional elements to showcase to customers the interconnections
Travel: 10 to 20% annually
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or talent.acquisi[email protected] for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
- 12+ years of experience in a B2B client facing role (Product Management, Program Management or similar)
- 6+ years of experience in large scale organizations and interacting with a cross functional team of Professional Services, Account Management and other stakeholders.
- Genuine passion for helping clients succeed, and a deep sense of empathy for technology and Product.
- Great communication skills, able to provide clear & concise guidance through emails, over the phone, or in person, with a casual and confident tone.
- Detailed knowledge of IT Service Management, as well as management processes and practice.
- Analytical ability to identify trends derived from internal stakeholders or feedback and represent those trends in a clear and comprehensive fashion.
- Persuasive enough to convey critical ideas to all level of the Business Unit organization, representing views supported by both objective and subjective evidence.
- Think strategically, learn fast and communicate with impact.
- Have demonstrated past experience defining paths to market for new products, applications or features as well as the successful execution of that go to market strategy.
- Have experience creating engaging and educating content. Types of content could include, but is not limited to, presentations, datasheets, whitepapers, infographics, and videos.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems.
- Be willing to travel up to 20% of the year.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.