Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We need you to help us build next generation wearable and connected technology for Law Enforcement and Public Safety. As our Body Worn Camera system leader, you will help shape the future and vision of our products to deliver on our mission.
As such, we are extremely close with our customers so that we can deeply understand their goals, their needs, and everything that keeps them from keeping us safe in the most efficient and effective way possible. You will also be surrounded by a cross functional team that is passionate about solving hard problems.
You’ll also work closely with our Sales, Software & Hardware Engineering, and Product Design teams as well as key external partners to define, develop and launch our next generation Body Worn platform which serves as an integral part of our evidence management and real-time management systems. Your ability to create a vision, collaborate, and incorporate customer requirements as well as your insight and expertise in building a robust, real-time, cloud-connected solution is key to your success in delivering a high performing, best in class system.
You will join a foundational team that operates at the intersection of our end-to-end solution and be asked to take our cloud-connected devices to the next level. You will be expected to work directly with VP and General Manager of our Connected Device team to help create the overall product and business strategy.
Your Day to Day
- Create the product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team and evolve it based on interactions with customers and as the solution is developed
- Lead the cross-functional development and launch of the next generation of body-worn camera system including cameras, device apps, and work-flows that integrate into our real-time and enterprise software solutions.
- Make data driven decisions when possible but fall back on good intuition when data is not available
- Manage tradeoffs and priorities to ensure we are balancing scope, time to market and customer opportunities
- Integrate Axon’ s new and developing capabilities in artificial and real-time intelligence into the Body-worn camera system
- Work collaboratively with account management, sales, and customer facing teams to collect customer feedback on issues to drive resolution
- Lead business development initiatives that drive market penetration or strategic goals (partnerships, collaborations)
- Lead and develop a team of product managers and a broader team of engineers and solution architects to deliver customer solutions
- Develop & manage the camera and imaging roadmap and business plan
- Operate with a ton of autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.
- 8+ years relevant experience producing successful connected device products
- 4+ years leading camera or device hardware and/or software product managers and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills & analytical skills
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (40%).
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- MBA or MA/MS degree in Engineering, Design or related field
- You have real world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”
- Individuals who are creative, inquisitive, and love to tinker with connected devices and passionate about building end to end solutions will likely do well
- Technical expertise in identifying, selecting and developing imaging, wireless, sensor & telemetry, and location systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.