Director, Global Product – ML-powered Account Opportunities
Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world. We provide innovative business travel solutions and local customer service in 65 countries. We are a great place for exceptional people who share our real passion for tech and travel to do their best work.
Egencia is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up, backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups, Expedia Group.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the product strategy for the Egencia Client Highest Opportunity (ECHO) product through a deep understanding of machine-learning applications and understanding our external and internal customer needs globally. This includes partnering with the BI and data, Analytics, and Data Science teams to implement a roadmap that supports Egencia’s strategic and operational goals
- Centralize the job of discovering and surfacing the levers that our account managers have to work with our clients to optimize their travel programs
- Continuously improve the ability to detect and support opportunities for clients and account managers, while reducing the risk of sending our clients conflicting messages on travel program objectives
- Accountable for using an agile BI approach to deliver reporting and analytics solutions that are scalable, secure, and conform to best practices while leveraging relevant innovations in the industry
- Develop strategies and approaches to advanced reporting and analytics systems from descriptive and diagnostic to predictive and prescriptive capabilities
- Present Egencia product capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmap to customers, prospects, the sales and account management teams, and at other public events
What You Will Bring:
- Experience deploying machine-learning based models to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail. Ability to ramp up quickly on data infrastructure and become an expert across our different lines of business
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across the organization at senior levels. Ability to push back or challenge partners in the organization while maintaining great relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Articulate a vision and improvise and communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis
- Work in a complex, diverse and changing environment. Energized by maintaining focus on key business goals and ability to deliver on a plan with constrained resources
- 7+ years’ of experience in product leadership. A passion to mentor others
- A track record of innovation: you embrace creativity and have delivered innovative products in your career. You’re passionate about travel and have lots of ideas about how to redefine the business travel experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA a plus
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.