Director, Media Product Management
Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 131 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
As part of the Expedia Media Solutions Product team, we build elite performance advertising products across our global family of brands, properties and platforms. As the Director, Media Solutions Product Management, you will drive delivery of the next generation of industry-leading TravelAds performance marketing product and be a visionary leader to define and build new, innovative Lodging performance advertising initiatives. This role is responsible for all aspects of product management for performance advertising product development, pricing recommendations, reporting needs, developing infrastructure support that scales, positioning and portfolio expansion.
Together with your counterparts in Product, User Experience, Engineering and LPS (Lodging Partner Team) you will transform the way our advertisers derive value from Expedia’s booster products while reducing operational burden and increasing efficiency for hotels, property managers and all other types of lodging providers.
As the Director, Media Product Management, you will need to be a tuned in and capable of understanding the opportunities across fast moving media landscape and publishers. You will need to absorb the feedback and goals of internal teams, and set and manage partner expectations effectively – across our partner organizations, and sales and account management teams in the field. You will liaise closely with Business Development, Research, User Experience and Engineering to develop a strategic and compelling vision that addresses business needs and capitalizes on opportunities to differentiate and contribute to both sides of our marketplace. You will serve as an excellent coach who can mentor, grow and bring out the best in your direct reports. You will demonstrate the ability to be a thoughtful, efficient decision maker who can prioritize across a portfolio of roadmaps and backlogs. And your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be essential to explain and evangelize the vision and get the necessary consensus from internal teams to enable best-in-class end-to-end experiences for travelers and partners.
- Define the vision and product strategy for your portfolio and evangelize this across the organization.
- Develop a deep empathy for travelers and advertisers understand their needs, and come up with innovative, well thought-through solutions that fit in with their traveler journey or natural workflow and increase their engagement with our products.
- Recruit, coach and empower high-impact product managers to demonstrate solid end-to-end thinking and build out the capabilities needed to deliver robust experiences at scale.
- Direct ambitious roadmaps defining the work for multiple teams. Facilitate trade-off decisions balancing resource investment, time to market and partner/traveler benefit.
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair teams’ ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills to define the right success metrics and critical metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Be comfortable in balancing across leadership, coaching and getting hands dirty in order to get things done.
- Passion for travel and product is a requirement, but, moreover, be deeply curious, motivated by always trying to take your product “craftsmanship” to the next level and profoundly persistent.
- Own and lead build out of needed, flexible infrastructure to support expansion of Lodging performance ad products across desktop, mobile web and mobile apps
- Partner with peers across different Expedia lines to business to create, develop, and execute new product opportunities
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years’ experience in product management, leading a portfolio of products and/or projects and driving them from inception through delivery. Performance ad media product background preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science or engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- Proven success delivering high quality user experiences in a fast-paced, agile environment. Experience orchestrating end-to-end functionality in an enterprise environment where different teams own different systems is a big plus.
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to evaluate concepts and to make well-thought through decisions on the problems to invest time and resources against.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with peers and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to adapt to your audience – presenting to leadership at different levels will be a regular occurrence.
- An empirical mindset with a natural predilection to think through metrics, define the right metrics and hold teams accountable to tracking against these.
- A high degree of self-awareness and a willingness to actively listen.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent. Known for crafting work environments where people can realize their full potential.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.