Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Role
Assurance is on course to the largest and most important marketplace for a consumer to meet all their insurance and financial products needs in 1 place. A critical piece of this is having skilled, experienced, and world-class insurance and financial agents available to help educate and guide consumer’s during their path to purchase and beyond. As Director of Product for Agent Experience, your mandate is to design and implement scalable software products to allow us to 5x our agent base (we’re currently over 5k active weekly agents) without having to also 5x our support, training, and coaching staff. We also need to simultaneously double our Agent Efficiency. Some specific product initiatives include:
1. What makes an agent great, and how do we quantify great performance?
2. How do we personalize compensation for every agent to drive top performance?
3. How do we gamify their experience to make connecting with and helping consumers more fun and engaging, while using UI/UX and behavioral science principles to improve performance?
4. How can we crowd-source solutions to common problems and questions?
In this role you will have significant exposure to the Senior Leadership Team of Assurance and get the opportunity to work across the entire organization and drive the growth of the primary sales channel across every line of business.
As the Director of Product for Agent Experience, you will report to the VP of Product, and have the opportunity to design and build your organization of 10-15 Product Managers to support the needs of the business.
- You have 5+ years of Product Experience, to include a demonstrated track record of delivering excellence under extreme pressure.
- You have taken ill-defined business problems and translated them into impactful software products with significant business value.
- You have either been in an early stage startup, or been part of an internal startup at a larger company and know how to operate in a rapidly growing organization.
- You have managed teams of at least 4-5 people, and are excited to identify, attract, and retain A talent.
- You can build, mentor, and grow an organization of Product Managers who operate across multiple product squads to drive innovation.
- You have strong analytical skills, are comfortable in SQL, and can build basic dashboards for key metrics. You also understand how to define a key metric.
- You are a world class communicator, capable of concisely transmitting complex information in writing and verbally.
- You have a strong technical background and understand basic software architecture and systems design.
- You can see a series of problems, understand how to tie them together into a solution, and build a vision. You can then evangelize that vision across the organization to get buy in.
- You can take a complex vision and turn it into a project with clear timelines and deliverables.
- You are excited about making an impact more than you are getting the credit.
- You want to work with A players.
We define our culture as:
- Efficient Innovators – When faced with tough challenges, we first ask ourselves how this can be done differently than ever before, striving for previously unmet efficiency and outcomes.
- Persevering – We aren’t just ambitious, we’re audacious in what we aim to accomplish (as a company, and as individuals), and we challenge anything that stands in our way.
- Humble Collaborators – We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth – facts and results are paramount.
- Calculated Decision Makers – We aren’t afraid of failure, so long as we learn and are better equipped because of the failure.
Please review our CCPA policies here.