Director of Product & Content Systems at Blue Nile
Blue Nile embraces a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve, and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. Blue Nile is a successful and growing company, started in 1999 and now the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings, and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and entertainment including CenturyLink and Safeco fields. We are close to transportation, the waterfront, and parks. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks and showers.
Blue Nile is currently seeking a Director of Product for our Content Systems to join our ever-evolving user experience and digital marketing efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing the strategy and efforts for creating smart, relevant, and socially connected experiences. You will help us create a best-in-class experience that delights our customers. You will be at the center of our collaborative team, artfully unifying customer needs with business goals.
To be successful in this role, you are a Product Leader with a natural bias towards execution, someone who loves turning great ideas into action. You have a problem-solving mindset and a love of building extraordinary experiences that help customers discover what they need and create relationships that last. You are creative, collaborative, and have a love for delivering solutions in a fast-paced agile environment.
With a focus on content and publishing systems, it is a given you are a great communicator, understand how to create, curate, align, and maintain information at scale, but you must also be a process-oriented systems thinker with a solid grounding in the science of content organization and product development, and an affinity for brand voice and persuasion marketing. You have a solid understanding of both Search Engine Marketing and user experience best practices and standards, but have a love for experimentation and an ability to move quickly.
This position will work closely across the organization, including User Experience, Product Management, Marketing, and Brand teams. You must be able to foster an environment of user-centered thinking as well as be able to measure the importance and value of effective content and communication systems across both digital and offline experiences.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on our Content Systems
- Own and establish the strategies, frameworks, standards, partnerships, and processes for the creation, curating, publishing, and governance of original, licensed, and user-generated content and data across multiple customer and internal business touchpoints.
- Help build business cases for features, capabilities, and partnerships using competitive analysis, market, and customer research.
- Create and drive product and project teams focused on integrating content to create self-improving and increasingly more relevant and personal customer experiences and systems.
- Assure content solutions meet standards of quality, measured in terms of usability, intuitiveness, persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, business metrics, and time to market.
- Work proactively with senior team members to identify opportunities for innovation, growth, and efficiency.
- Partner closely with engineering, brand, and marketing teams to deliver solutions that satisfy customer, business, and technology goals
- Hire, develop, and retain the most talented people while inspiring them to high performance and a solid understanding and perspective on how content efforts relate to brand affinity and business goals.
- Keep the team informed of industry trends, best practices, comparative & competitive reviews, and evolving technologies and methodologies.
- 7+ years of professional experience in product development and digital content systems with a degree in a relevant field (CS, Communications, HCI)
- Proven track record of successfully developing solutions specifically for consumer-facing and transitionally focused interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of content management systems and processes
- Proved track record in creating and executing communication strategies and the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Expert ability to interpret business objectives and user needs into content success metrics
- Expert experience in sourcing and aggregating content and negotiating partnerships and relationships
- Expert experience with social, user-generated, and gamification solutions
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and SEM strategies
- Practiced original thinking with an eye for innovation
- A professional portfolio of useful and delightful content solutions in highly dynamic environments, including use of both structured and unstructured content solutions
- Experience working within an agile design and development teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use both metrics and heuristics to drive insights and decisions on product improvements
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, networking and presentation skills.
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Referral Bonus
Fitness Center Discount