Director, Product Management, Data Platform (Inbound) at ServiceNow
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you're an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers-people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Come join the Platform Data team, work and lead a talented group of PMs, developers, designers and researchers. Platform Data team looks to provide scalable and intuitive data platform services that enable ServiceNow, partners and customers to build, extend and deliver ServiceNow products
At ServiceNow we own the complete stack that our applications run on. We are looking for a product manager to lead the Data Platform vision and strategy, as well as to successfully execute on our acquisitions (read here ). The Data Platform supports relational, OLTP and OLAP databases that are moving to newer HTAP databases, with our recent acquisition of Swarm64. In addition, we also support several non-relational databases for search, time series, and data streaming. As we scale, we are moving to container-based provisioning and deployment models using Kubernetes.
Within the Data Platform product area, you will be leading all the database areas as we look to enter new application domains and scale to support larger customers across the platform. As such we aim to provide a world class data platform with a deep focus on scalability, reliability, and observability to operate and grow alongside the needs of our BUs and customers. This role is highly collaborative, working with across BUs, customers, and experienced engineers that build highly available systems and services across the entire stack.
What you get to do in this role
- Drive product vision and strategy that sets us up for success as we look to scale to $15B+ in revenue
- Own strategy and success as we scale to largest customers
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
- Define key success metrics and ensure they are reflective of our scale and success
- Understand customer use-cases, gains & pains, gaps, market trends and dynamics
- Participate in build/partner/buy analysis together with corporate strategy and engineering leadership
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, and related documentation
- Collaborate with engineering team on release mgmt.: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
Management & Communication
- Manage/grow a team of highly skilled and technical product managers
- Evangelize the area internally and externally
- Ability to present to product leadership, executives and others
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years Product Management experience scaling SaaS database back-ends Expert in database technologies, relational and non-relational stores, big data architectures
- Technical, with extensive experience working with developers and architects to build scalable and highly reliant systems
- Strategic mindset: able to define product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- Customer focus: has deep curiosity about customer needs, as well as a track record in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Facilitative leadership skills: can use marketing, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with/ influence internal and external parties
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Experience with industry-leading cloud database technologies
- Experience working with ServiceNow
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.