Director Product Management - ESG at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
NOTE: THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S
What you get to do in this role:
For this role, we are seeking a relentlessly curious and an outstanding product management leader who can work collaboratively across the organization and with customers to deliver the most compelling and differentiated ESG product in the market.
This role will hire, retain, inspire, lead, develop, and direct a high-performing product team. This role is also responsible for developing people through mentoring, feedback, and providing growth opportunities. With a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, this role needs to be a role model that embraces the changes with uncertainty and leads to execute with business outcomes.
In addition to deep product management experience, the ideal candidate will have prior domain experience in ESG, GRC/IRM, and/or EHS and feels comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal guidance.
- Own the product vision. Define and execute product strategy and roadmap for the ESG product.
- Partner with cross functional teams to define a differentiated product strategy.
- Evangelize the vision and strategy so all internal stakeholders, industry influencers, strategic partners, customers, and analysts are aligned and have broad context in understanding where we are going.
- Hire, retain, inspire, lead, develop, and direct a high-performing product team.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development by defining, designing, accepting, and adapting features and offerings.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work with the development and user experience teams to deliver a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Play a critical role in creating alignment between product managers, engineering teams and stakeholders. Understanding and managing all stakeholders (internal and external) needs and expectations. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Ensure your product is effectively used within the organization and not just by external customers.
- Stay continuously connected with the fast-evolving market landscape and use that to drive product strategy.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of differentiation.
- Measure success. Measure everything. Drive product adoption with customers and stay closely plugged into customer, partner, and field feedback, in order to improve product and drive roadmap.
- Work with various teams on pricing, positioning and packaging of product offerings.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to produce go-to-market materials.
- Work with User Learning (help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake of new releases.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years of enterprise software product management experience in defining, launching, and growing Enterprise or SaaS products.
- Experience building products for one or more of ESG Reporting, Sustainability, Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), Integrated Risk Mgmt. (IRM), and Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS).
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform and ESG/Risk products is a plus.
- 5+ years in people management and building teams to scale.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working closely with strategic customers across industries.
- Experience working with partners to develop product integrations.
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator, able to influence and drive cross-functional teams towards a goal. History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences.
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with a focus on translating complex issues into simple, easy to digest documents.
- Self-directed with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically; attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Thought leadership in ESG/EHS and good understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- A degree in Computer Science is desirable but not required.
- MBA or equivalent degree is preferred.
- 5-25% annually
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.