Director, Product Management - Public Sector Platform at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. This includes public sector employees who serve billion of citizens globally who want to get the same level of great services and outcomes as they are used to from the private sector.
We put people at the heart of everything we do. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re a product manager, an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing cloud software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on ambiguity, navigating the unknown, and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
Join the Platform and Ecosystem product management team and lead our public sector product strategy and execution. Work with exceptional product managers, developers, designers, researchers, go to market and solution consultants. Platform Foundation and Ecosystem provides scalable and intuitive platform services that enable ServiceNow, partners and customers to build, extend and deliver ServiceNow products. We are the engine behind the ServiceNow’s “platform of platform” vision.
In this unique role, you will handle creating our public sector and regulated markets product strategy, aligning it internally and across our partner ecosystem. You will build business cases and execute them through a multi-year, multi-channel and multi-product roadmap. ServiceNow is already a leading provider of PaaS (including iPaaS, aPaaS, hpaPaaS, and BPM) for many US federal, state and civil agencies and is expanding to new public market segments globally. This role is highly collaborative, working actively with solution consulting across the globe, all business units in ServiceNow, and our ecosystem of partners who complement our products and build vertical solutions on top of the ServiceNow platform.
What you get to do in this role
Product Strategy and Planning
- Lead our public sector product strategy helping ServiceNow to scale to $10B+ revenues
- Analyze current public sector use-cases, user/buyer personas
- Build and own competitive analysis, differentiation and positioning
- Validate and refine product strategy and early product discovery through Design Partner Program, Product Advisory Council and with partners and customers directly
- Develop business cases, multi-year roadmaps together with other business units, and own their execution
- Engage actively key stakeholders on inputs for product strategy and roadmaps, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
- Over time, expand our footprint in public, owning key product and business outcomes
Customer Insights and Discovery
- Analyze user jobs/needs and product gaps related to public sector customers
- Work with research and design teams to discover what problems to solve and why
- Understand use-cases and our products across different business units and partners
- Understand how customers are using our products today, their gains & pains
- Define key product success metrics and outcomes, tied to business cases
- Know key customers and partners intimately, their specific use cases
Requirements Prioritization and Delivery
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies and roadmaps
- Create detailed product roadmaps, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, and related documentation
- Define and prioritize product requirements together with design and engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally during execution to understand status, risks, dependencies and help to address them proactively
- Work with go-to-market and consulting teams to support product adoption and learn from customer feedback
To be successful in this role, you have
- 10+ years B2B/B2C PM experience (ideally some years in public sector/government)
- Platform-type product experience (iPaaS, aPaaS, hpaPaaS, IaaS, SaaS)
- Strategic mindset, experience in product strategy demonstrating customer value and business outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholders’ management
- Entrepreneurial drive: self-starter, able to navigate high degree of uncertainty and risk
- Customer focus: deep curiosity about customer needs and a track record in building strong customer relationships
- Strong prioritization skills and discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Facilitative leadership skills: can use marketing, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with and influence internal and external parties
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Technically savvy, experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful customer experiences
- US Citizenship
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.