Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Do you want to contribute to making the world a safer place? Are you looking for the opportunity to grow with a company and be part of the team that creates a billion dollar company? These are all things you will be a critical part of when you become our Director of Product Management for Axon. We push the boundaries of technology every day to help law enforcement agencies everywhere make the world a safer place. We are disrupting the law enforcement market by bringing the latest technology to increase public safety through our wearable Axon Video cameras, in-car cameras and Evidence.com™ platform. We bring SaaS and secure evidence management to law enforcement from hardware to mobile to desktop to cloud. We are transforming law enforcement, at a global scale with our robust end-to-end enterprise solution.
Axon has deployed over a million devices for use in the field and with an evidence platform storing over 70 petabytes of data, we’ve proven how effective we are at enhancing law enforcement. Today more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies in 100+ countries around the world are part of the Axon network. That sounds big – but we have never forgotten where we started, and the scrappy, startup style pursuit of big goals combined with a “maker time” culture gets us out of bed each day. We are relentless in upholding our values when bringing on new talent.
In this exciting Product leadership role, you will be the hands-on leader for Dispatch - our mission critical public safety enterprise solution that powers 911 emergency response. Axon Dispatch launched in 2020 with a focus on law enforcement and you will shepherd the vision to include fire and medical dispatch as well. You will have 360 degree ownership of this business. You will get to know the challenges and opportunities that our customers face in responding to 911 incidents, own the roadmap, and collaborate with stakeholders across software, hardware, design, sales, customer support and business intelligence to turn concepts into reality. You will report directly to the VP of Product and have product accountability to the C-suite.
We are looking for an innovator, a person comfortable defining and building new products. Someone to:
- Lead the ideation, feature definition and work with the development teams to launch innovative products
- Take full responsibility for the products, features, and release cycle by managing short- and long-term roadmaps.
- Spend time with our users (remotely and in the field) to inform our roadmap and ensure what we’re building is based heavily on VOC.
- Manage your team in the writing of well-articulated and clear business cases with associated product stories for what the teams are building or proposing to build cutting edge software products
- Collaborate closely with the sales team and the customer support team and the PSO teams. Your success depends on a close relationship and one of mutual respect with the sales team
- Maintain prioritized, comprehensive, and up-to-date product requirements.
- Create a strong end to end working team that executes quickly and has a shared vision of success
- Deliver roadmap presentations and software demos to customers, prospects, and internal audiences
- Present the status of the products broadly across the organization on a weekly basis, while exhibiting command of the details
- Be an authority on the market, competition, our customers, the technology, and our products
- Provide feedback on career growth and areas for development to direct reports via weekly one-on-one meetings
- Define and analyze metrics that ensure success
- Work with the individual product owners to ruthlessly prioritize what the individual teams work on to ensure the success of the product
- Ensure the teams are being effectively managed and the product owners are being successful leading the teams and guarantee that our product plans and execution will be successful
Required Professional Skills & Experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 8+ years in progressive product ownership roles; responsible for bringing multiple first of their kind products from ideation through to production within the Enterprise
- Exceptional communication skills; capable of delivering engaging, impactful messages across the company and at all levels including the C Suite.
- An ability to integrate VOC with you and your team’s insights to produce best in class applications.
- The ability to collaborate across many constituencies within the Axon organization - Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success, etc.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and connected hardware products
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, an MBA would be a huge plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.