Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. To that end, we are the world’s leading company for airfare and hotel rate price assurance, analytics, and cost savings. We dynamically monitor billions of prices every month and transform that data into highly meaningful savings and insights. Since 2007, we've brought technology leadership to the travel landscape and our 9,500+ corporate customers. Recently named to Deloitte’s Fast500 for North America for 2018 as well as Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2018 and 2019, Yapta pioneered the category of travel price assurance. We're driven to help build confidence in our customers’ travel programs.
Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
Yapta is growing quickly, and as such we need an enthusiastic, high energy individual who will lead the Product Team through significant growth, specifically by bringing new product management principles and processes to the organization. At Yapta, we believe in the principals of a Product Led organization, understanding the importance of delivering the right products with the right features that will ultimately contribute to Yapta’s strong growth. Specifically, we are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead a team of Product Managers and Analysts, defining processes within the Product organization that support our Product Led vision. The Director of Product Management will define the right product focus and work across all departments to deliver on the product plan which will cement Yapta’s leadership in travel technology.
The Director of Product Management’s primary responsibility is to develop and lead a high functioning, world class Product team. As the Product Director, you will be responsible for delivering on the product vision and strategy, managing the product team, and driving an innovative, best-in-class strategy. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Focus on the Core Dynamic Price Tracking solutions – Hotel (RoomIQ) and Air (FareIQ)
- Align the Hotel and Air product pillars and ensure clear vision, strategy and communication of roadmaps
- Own the Product Lifecycle from end to end – starting with strategy and vision of each pillar, current year roadmap, design, delivery, and ongoing performance
- Create Business plans and prioritize Product and Engineering work based on business cases
- Measure performance of existing product lines to determine areas of focus which could drive additional revenue; ensure the measurement of the delivered value/revenue and cost of the project against the original business case
- Create alignment on the product plan across the organization through consistent communication
- Work across the organization to align with Sales, Client Services, Finance, Marketing; ensuring Products are meeting the full needs of customers and internal stakeholders
- Provide overall high-level status and communication across all Product projects/pillars to internal and external stakeholders; act as Product point of contact with Yapta’s strategic partners and customers
- Ensure high level Engineering alignment and delivery to the Product Roadmap
- Understand, communicate and utilize the philosophy of a Product Led organization
- Determine and implement the right mix of processes and documentation across the Product team for Yapta’s stage
- Understand and incorporates MVP based delivery concepts
- Research competitive landscape and key emerging trends and technologies
- Understand full go-to-market strategies
- Manage product documentation, including release notes; ensuring all Product Managers provide input within each of their areas and work with Product Mktg for external, customer and partner facing release notes
- 7+ years’ proven experience leading product teams in a high paced environment; B2B experience ideal
- Ability to define and implement new processes in a fast growing environment
- Proven ability to earn trust of customers and partners, to communicate professionally, and to manage expectations at the appropriate level
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven track record of developing, launching, and generating revenue from enterprise SaaS solutions
- Experience developing business cases; strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Driving, planning, and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience building cross-functional business relationships, gathering user requirements, translating requirements to technical specifications / user stories
- Experience creating and contributing to a software product road-map, evangelizing the product vision, and grooming a back-log
- Proven competency with agile processes; experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence etc.) a plus
- Experience in Travel, and specifically Corporate Travel, a plus
What we offer:
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta is unable to provide visa sponsorship for employment eligibility at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.