Director, Product Management at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Director, Product Management for our Core Shopping Experience team to sit in our brand new Seattle area office. Core Shopping Experience spans the entire Chewy ecosystem and you will lead the product road map across multiple consumer facing verticals, leveraging your unique background and skill sets. This role is a high-profile position that will start with the current team and grow around you as a leader.
To be successful in this role, you will need to balance fast near term results with building better products for the long term vision. We are looking for someone who wants to transform Chewy with big swings, ready to fail fast and innovate while continually keeping the end user in focus. You will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, giving you a front row seat to shape Chewy’s growth. We are seeking an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. Finally, you will have demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever changing priorities and interesting challenges. A start-up mentality is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Influencing investment choices that will provide long-term innovation for the user
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience managing people leaders
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Owning the test-and-learn roadmap to inform the product portfolio
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- Expertise in managing in house development (enterprises tools, customer facing features).
- Familiarity with 3rd party customer care systems (vendor selection, system deployment, supporting data engineering, etc )
- Needs to be highly effective in building an outstanding customer journeys and associated CX by navigating use cases from ecommerce, supply chain, logistics, direct marketing, multi-channel partnerships, etc.
- Comfortable in a large scale multi-channel environment and expert in all customer care processes and reengineering them on an ongoing basis
- A leader that can attract a team of PMs and engineers for their organization
- Position may require travel