Director of Product Research at Outreach
Your daily adventures will include:
- Scale and operationalize the user research practice at Outreach to provide essential insights to 25+ product and engineering teams across multiple product areas.
- Establish framework for common understanding of user needs and jobs to be done relevant to Outreach customers and market.
- Create overarching research strategy to support roadmap investments - from usability to greenfield opportunities to expand offerings and innovate
- Identify process to segment application of user research across industries and geos.
- Partner with analytics function to frame qualitative insights within context of quantitative data, to provide complete product recommendations.
- Hire and develop user research talent at Outreach
- Influence & deepen Outreach understanding of customer context and thinking, across the company
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of research experience, leading applied and strategic research initiatives
- Experience building research as a discipline, developing internal research capabilities, including leading researchers, and managing external partners
- Experience driving the full research lifecycle, including: study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations
- Experience with agile software development and how design and research fits within an iterative development framework
- Experience integrating user research principles into product design initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- A proven track record for influencing product outcomes with clear customer impact
- Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent degree) in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD, or equivalent professional experience in research
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- MS HCI (or similar) is greatly preferred
- Experience with the Jobs to be Done (JTBD) methodology
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV, portfolio link/password, and LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Outreach is interesting to you