Director of Product
Do you want to own the transaction platform for an Expedia brand? Would you like to lead a team building the technology behind every step of a customer's journey? Do you admire insightful charts as much as you love the latest tech trends? If you answered yes to those questions then you will love Expedia's CarRentals product team. We are scientists of design, tech, and data, running tests every day to make the car rental experience the best it can possibly be. We are looking for an analytical, organized self-starter to lead the platform product team for our global family of car rental brands as a Director of Product. Sound enticing?
In this role, you will drive the strategy for our entire booking platform, from search to book to data science loop. You will manage a team of product managers dedicated to our platform and the data, APIs, integration points, and user experiences it supports.
What You'll Do
You get to...
- Own our near-term and long-term platform strategy, working closely with engineering leadership
- Lead business analysis process for the team, including competitor review, forecasting, feature valuation, budgeting, and reporting
- Mentor team members on effective feedback consolidation from business partners, supply partners, marketing partners, and customers
- Manage major technology initiatives in the organization, establishing standards and communicating status to deliver quality in an agile environment
- Research and promote new technologies and ways of thinking about the why and what of our technology stack
Who You Are
- A technologist: you love working with engineers, data scientists, and data analysts to figure out exactly what customers want and how to build it for them
- A data geek: you delight in data and proving your point with beautiful charts and statistics
- A program manager: you can see through the complexity of major projects to help the team focus on the right things at the right time
- An agile communicator: you should be at ease presenting to technologists, analytics leaders, and business partners
- A product leader: you can mentor product managers on effective product management technique; and you have the experience to know when to apply tried and true techniques or try something new
- A forward-thinking pragmatist: you can lay out a technical vision while simultaneously balancing that against immediate needs facing our business
- BA/BS; MBA or management consulting experience strongly preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in product management or similar technology roles
- Hands-on knowledge of travel ecommerce business is preferred
- Demonstrated success delivering technology products for consumers
- Hands-on experience using data and statistics to test business hypotheses
- Experience as someone who can prioritize well and influence across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.