Are you passionate about empowering developers by reducing friction to build what matters for the EG Travel Platform?
Expedia's Developer Platform Team serves as the front door for developers in the broader Developer Platform & Infrastructure (DP&I) organization ecosystem. We put the EG developer at our the center of focus. We optimize our platform with tools and frameworks to ensure Expedia’s developers can build, test, and deploy high-quality code safely and at scale. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we work every day to reduce friction and empower our engineering community. We are platform product managers with a human focus: customer-centric, quality driven, and empathetic. We recognize phenomenal platform products are not possible without first innovating the way you build them. And that is where our team comes into the picture.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to lead our most critical and highly visible products. To be successful, you should have strong problem-solving and business skills, as well as experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams. You are also a product manager who can define a compelling vision, build powerful experiences and launch/iteratively improve products. This is a high impact role, that requires you to be an influential voice for the product and build momentum at all levels of the company. You should be customer-centric with a passion for platform products.
Essential team focus areas include: building a common toolkit for developers, creating a best-in-class developer experience, helping developers get their code from commit to production and providing the platform for EG brands to run our sites and pages.
What you’ll do:
- Strive to understand our developers as customers - identify target personas and invent end-to-end experiences that delight
- Lead product strategy for a portfolio of platform products from inception to delivery
- Define success and establish metrics to measure platform product performance
- Design a road-map, product scenarios, user stories, and product backlog
- Drive implementation, collaborating with central and cross functional engineering teams
- Advocate adoption of your platform products internally and externally
- Execute efficiently in a fast-paced fluid environment where change is constant, and creativity is encouraged
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent field required; MBA preferred
- 2-5+ years with product experience in a corporate environment required
- Strong experience defining, driving and shipping developer-facing software products and services where priorities shift rapidly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate sophisticated concepts simply and convincingly to a wide range of consumers
- Strong social skills
- Confirmed ability to drive focus and reach consensus on product priorities with a hardworking and outspoken peer group
- Strong user centricity with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understanding and exposure to UI/UX development, web services and API design
- Ability to balance innovation with quality
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to make an impact on the travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.