Head of Product, Billing & Payments at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we are looking for:
A major challenge facing trucking companies is ensuring prompt and accurate payments for services. This often involves managing large volumes of paper documents, while following up with brokers and customers. This leads to resorting to high-cost factoring options to manage working capital. On the other hand, customers have exacting requirements to document orders, track line-item approvals, and follow specific procedures in order to optimize the accounts receivable process. Through our marketplace, we have the ability to dramatically improve the experiences and financial outcomes for both our shippers and our carriers!
As Head of Product for Billing and Payments, you will own Convoy’s strategy, approach, and product roadmap for how we provide payment services to our Carriers, as well as manage collections from our customers You will own the systems that facilitate our core accounting processes. To achieve your objectives, you will be lead across engineers, data scientists, design, and partner closely with accounting controllers and finance operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a pioneer at the early stages of an exciting startup company!
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy, specifically our Finance Products. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experimentation.
- Technology Implementation: You will own the RFP and evaluation process for a scalable enterprise accounting system.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Finance/Accounting background or experience with payment products businesses is preferred
- Familiarity with 3rd party financial applications (Oracle OFA, NetSuite, Intacct, or similar) is preferred
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.