Head of Product, Emerging Programs Pricing at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:29 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 10, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
Accurate, competitive pricing is central to Convoy’s strategy in the transportation industry. In order to price freight of any kind, moving from any location, to any location, Convoy maintains an incredible suite of sophisticated machine learning and econometric models. As the Head of Product for Pricing, you will own Convoy’s overall strategy for the pricing space, as well as the technical roadmap for how we develop the technology that lets us provide fair, competitive, and accurate pricing. You will also own the development of new pricing programs that revolutionize the contractual models of pricing that have dominated the industry for over a century. This is an ideal role for a quantitatively deep product leader looking to make a major contribution in a hyper-growth space.
You will have ownership over the following:
- Pricing for totally new business models within Convoy that are reinventing the way the freight market works.
- Build the tooling and intelligence that Convoy uses to track and respond to changes in market dynamics.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our marketplace and how both Shippers and Carriers respond to the incentives we create.
You have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- 6+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred: Experience in enterprise pricing or market mechanism-design.
- MBA preferred.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!