Head of Product, Load Execution at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
We strive to deliver unmatched reliability and service quality for our shippers and carriers. As a loads execution leader, you’ll be driving the strategy, roadmap, and implementation of tools and automation to enable smooth execution of Convoy loads and capabilities to remedy issues if and when they arise. This includes identifying deviation from plans and building capabilities to address them, whether these are manual tools to enable operation associates to troubleshoot through automated and self-service options for shippers and carriers to resolve quickly and directly. You’ll be leading a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, designers and operators to come up, experiment, develop, and deploy solutions to create a world-class service for our customers.
You will have ownership of:
- The overall strategy, roadmap, and technology stack that Convoy uses to execute our loads while providing peace of mind to our shippers and hassle free experience for our carriers.
- Leading a team of engineers and data scientists in researching and delivering unmatched reliability and level of service for our shippers and carriers.
- Solicit and prioritize the needs of our shippers, carriers, and internal teams.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.