Head of Product Management, Carrier Lifecycle and Incubations at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Who we are:
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, prevent driving empty, and get paid quickly.
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including YCombinator, Google and Greylock and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Product Manager for our carrier experience team, to own the carrier life cycle and help us incubate new products that carriers love! In particular, you will own the strategy & core carrier experience for a key new initiative that has direct visibility with the leadership team and will require require you to influence company-level strategy.
This is a 0-to-1 (and then to 1000!) effort with a high-degree of freedom and autonomy. To help you succeed, you will lead a "pod" that an consists of engineers, designers, data scientists, and others which will be embedded on your charter. You'll also be partnering closely with with operations, marketing, sales, and account management.
Here are some examples of innovative features that the carrier team has recently launched: https://convoy.com/blog/auto-detention/, https://convoy.com/blog/request-a-load, https://convoy.com/blog/power-only-program-universal-trailer-pool/ , https://convoy.com/blog/introducing-convoy-flex-loads/Automated Reloads, Convoy Go
In this role, you will own the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategic questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Product Marketing: You will partner on GTM, positioning, and communication of major product initiatives for carriers with our product marketing team.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our carriers and optimize their journey across Convoy.
- Carrier Research: You will work with design and lead research to deepen the team's understanding of carrier needs.
Your skills & Experience:
- PM experience: You have 5+ years of experience owning a product roadmap for a breakthrough product.
- Product: You have built compelling experiences for your customers using research and data, and you have experience in building high-quality mobile and/or web products.
- Data-Driven: You have experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer oriented: You know how to work backwards from the customer and you understand their needs.
- Communication: You have effective written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Skills/ Experience:
- Economics background or experience with marketplace businesses.
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background.
- Fluency with SQL.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals twice a week, and fully stocked fridges, pantries, and espresso machines to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. Candidates must be eligible to work within the U.S.
If you're a collaborative team player who wants to make a huge impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!