Head of Product Management, Shipper Growth
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
Our $800 billion industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size. As the Head of Product for Shipper Growth, you will own how we target the right shippers, provide a differentiated experience through every interaction, and know when we are succeeding with customers. This is a role that spans company-level strategy through to roadmap and execution.
To achieve your objectives, your impact will need to extend across product, data science, marketing, sales, and account management. You will work alongside engineers, designers, and data scientists in pursuit of your objectives.
In this role, you will own the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
About your skills & experience:
- PM experience: You have at least 5+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations with 8+ years of experience overall in a technical role.
- Data-driven: You are passionate about defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer-oriented: You can work backwards from the customer and understand their needs.
- Communication: Your former colleagues would describe your communication skills as excellent, in both written and verbal communication.
Bonus skills & Experience:
- Economics background or experience with marketplace businesses
- Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. Candidates must be eligible to work within the U.S.
If you're a collaborative team player who wants to make a huge impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description