Are you passionate about data, analytics, and working with top talents to tackle complex problems? If you're motivated about making immediate impact on re-imagining travel by gleaning insightful recommendations that drive improvements, we want to speak to you!
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Product Analytics and Experimentation Team! This will be a mid-level individual contributor role. As a core member for Engagement and Mobile App product analytics team. Your insights will be used to enhance our product features and has direct impact to millions of Expedia customers. If you are a self-starter and have shown success in using analytics to drive the innovation and user engagement of a product, this position is for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, data visualization with a goal of improving customer experience and business results with a religious focus on impactful analytics, steward product team to drive insights
- Own end to end test excellence in evaluating AB/MVT test and improve learning; Proactively see opportunities and recommend on new feature for test and learn; evaluating and applying alternative methods to supplement randomized testing
- Own metrics framework development for your product, build accurate and easy to consume dashboards/reports to key metrics, collaborate with product team in goal setting, product performance review and strategy planning.
- Proactively engage with multiple departments across the organization, including Product, Engineering, Merchandising, Site optimization and Finance, to tackle problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and recommend the best solution given the tradeoffs
- Function independently with little to no supervision, proactively identifying, prioritizing and driving key projects. Coach and mentor junior analysts.
- Present analytics insights on stakeholder showcase meeting, analytics community meeting, socialize your insights to benefit other Expedia Brands
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of shown experience in advanced analytics or data science role
- Understanding of statistical/predictive modeling, computational systems, and operation research and optimization techniques
- At least 2 years of the data sciences tools such as R, Spark, Python, Scala, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. Experience building machine learning/predictive models highly preferred; Experience with Hive and Hadoop; SQL and Excel experience is required
- Experience with web analytics tools i.e. Omniture, and experience with BI tools i.e. Tableau, Power BI
- Master’s degree in Data Science/Machine Learning/Predictive/Business analytics or related field
- Experience in an analytical role in e-commerce, Technology Company, consulting, investment banking, or product management
- Experience with Mobile App products
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.