Manager, Product Insights at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
About the Manager, Product Experience Insights Role:
The Manager, Product Experience Insights role, located in Santa Clara, CA is instrumental in supporting the ongoing growth and success of ServiceNow. This role will be responsible for managing a team of product experience analysts to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase product quality and promote internal efficiency between the technical support, development, and quality engineering teams. The PIM is responsible for ensuring that all analysis and insights delivered by the team are of high quality, actionable and accurate. The work requires a fine attention to detail, the ability to accomplish work cross-functionally, and a love for digging in to help to solve complicated problems.
What you get to do in this role:
- Oversee the delivery of complex analysis and functional advice to management and stakeholders
- Help the team craft a clear data story and present it to executive audiences, sharing insights that call to action
- Ensure teams dig to discover the root cause of issues and suggest actions to improve them, and help hold partner teams accountable for delivering results
- Provide strategic direction on analysis assignments and initiatives
- Play a critical role in coordinating cross-functional efforts between support, development, and quality engineering, with an emphasis on improving the customer experience
- Build relationships with stakeholders to provide valuable and timely data insights for their business, understanding that business and guiding recommendations
- Act as a data subject matter expert in working with key stakeholders and as a trusted advisor
- Review current team processes with a focus on simplification and clarity to ensure they align to current business objectives, and improve and iterate where possible
- Initiate and/or participate in strategic initiatives that impact the tactical approach to product operations as well as influencing policies, workflows and performance standards
- Drive forward a vision for the team that places the teams’ insights at the heart of key business decisions and evolves their function and alignment to meet business objectives
To be successful in this role you have to:
- Understand and can coach others on how to successfully gather, analyze and identify improvement opportunities for other teams or products areas
- Create presentations with full comprehensive understanding of the problem statement, root cause, business and customer impact with clear metrics and clear action items for owners
- Have experience with interfacing with technical support teams and engineering
- Have experience using data and visualization tools including Tableau or SN Performance Analytics
- Invest in relationships with stakeholders/team members that last
- Have experience in driving accountability and action in diverse groups outside of one’s direct hierarchy
- Demonstrated ability to define a problem and its business impact clearly and visually
- Deep understanding of relational data and the ability to apply that knowledge to the analysis and reporting of that data
- Ability to conceptualize and participate in the creation of new methods, systems, and functionality
- Ability to establish qualitative and quantitative measures and KPIs to determine impact and business value
- Knows how KPI's are measured, and the targets tied to them and knows when the right data is useful/not useful for stakeholders, even when they might not
- Have a SN product understanding that allows for flexibility of analysis
- Understands the importance of the customer experience and can act as an advocate on their behalf when challenged with compelling reasoning
- Experience up leveling a teams’ skills and abilities, delivering increasing levels of performance outcomes
- Experience inspiring the teams ‘dream big’ aspirations and facilitating team members career growth
- Experience facilitating planning meetings, workshops, reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience, including 5 years of data analysis or similar function
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.