Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, we believe deeply in maximizing choice and flexibility for our customers through interoperability with their existing systems, enabling us to provide the highest level of value where we really shine - Digital Evidence Management. We want Axon Evidence to be the place where customers centralize all of their digital evidence, while providing highly coupled applications and services that leverage that digital evidence to improve agency efficiency and effectiveness.
As the Product Manager for our System Integrations team, you'll own a suite of API and SDK products that open up our digital evidence management system to our customers. You'll define integrations strategy and aspirations and drive the project from requirements definition, through product planning and prioritization, and on to shipping the solutions that help us realize those aspirations. You'll lead the way in exposing new Axon Evidence APIs and SDKs to third parties, empowering them to build and innovate on our platform. Finally, you’ll be responsible for defining and managing short- and long-term roadmaps for external integration with strategic partners. These are not check-the-box integrations - these are industry-defining partnerships that make Axon Evidence an ever improving solution for countless customers and the people they serve and protect around the world.
Your North Star is to enable our customers to be able to integrate their custom on-premise and 3rd party systems into the Axon Network with minimal interruption to their ongoing crucial work. Through these integrations, we'll enable powerful and efficient workflows to enable evidence ingestion, management and reporting seamlessly across multiple endpoints while giving officers time back to spend within their communities. This is the backbone of the modern police agency and is critical for their success.
This is a classic builder role - you'll go on ridealongs and conduct field research (i.e. watch cops catch criminals coupled with talking to IT admins) to understand what our law enforcement customers need from our solutions. You'll also work every day with our core product team to ensure we're shipping the right stuff, in the right order, at the right time.
You'll work closely with your Design and Engineering peers to help define the technical and product requirements and the many user interactions and experiences required of your products.
Your Day to Day
- Visit and communicate directly with our customers to understand their needs and workflows
- Synthesize customer requirements and rationalize against our company strategy into actionable plans for your products
- Define the strategy and drive the execution of software experiences for our suite of API and SDK products tying into evidence ingestion, management and reporting.
- Develop API Standards to ensure Axon is releasing consistent and effective APIs.
- Work with your counterpart PMs across the team, as well as cross-discipline with engineering, design and sales to bring the right products to life with the right feature set
- Coordinate product pricing and other go-to-market activities including sales training, marketing and customer messaging
- Release, monitor the success of your products through metrics and customer feedback, and iterate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.
- 6+ years of Product Management experience, in particular with connected hardware, IoT, or web services.
- Technical knowledge of web services is critical, including experience working with integration concepts such as RESTful APIs, 3rd party SDKs, and security.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, creativity in finding ways to generate and use insightful data.
- Ability to successfully lead and communicate with a cross-functional team, both locally (Seattle) and remote (Ho Chi Minh City).
- Periodic travel is required, 5-10 days per quarter.
- Experience building, implementing, and managing an API/developer platform
- Experience working with business development team to develop and maintain lasting partnerships.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.