Principal Product Manager (Bellevue) at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Principal Product Manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Principal Product Manager.
We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to have a passion for product development and be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Develop a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule.
- Define and build useful features, tools, and experiences
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning towards multidimensional problems
- The ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience in a marketplace/two sided business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
- Experience in e-commerce
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.