OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami, and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused product manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Principal Product Manager who is passionate about discovery, including personalization and search.
The Discovery team owns core parts of the shopping experience, including homepage browse, keyword search, and filters. The team is tasked with delighting our shoppers by helping them discover what they’re looking for from the wide range of products available on OfferUp. Leveraging personalization and search algorithms, we put the right items in front of the right buyers to drive engagement and transactions.
We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to have a passion for product development and be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Define a critical piece of the discovery journey for millions of buyers each day, including which items are surfaced from our extensive catalog and how they are presented to the buyer
- Collaborate closely with data science to improve personalization, recommendations, and search ranking
- Develop a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule for the Discovery team
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, support, marketing, and business leadership, including assessing the impact on buyer experience, business metrics, and LTV
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Ability to think big and use sound judgment to break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions while balancing business and technical requirements
- A track record of customer obsession and deep diving on quantitative and qualitative evidence channeled from real customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- 7+ years hands-on product management or equivalent experience building and delivering B2C or B2B products within a high-performance tech company
- Experience with discovery, search and/or personalization
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.