Principal Product Manager (GM), International at RealSelf
About the Role:
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager and General Manager who is obsessed with delighting our RealSelf community members and growing the RealSelf business. Reporting directly to the VP of Product, this individual will be the single threaded leader responsible for growing our business across all international locales, setting the strategic, operational, and technical vision and relentlessly executing against it to drive triple-digit revenue growth.
At RealSelf, our teams strive to make a meaningful impact by taking smart risks. We care about learning and value speedy failures as much as we value success. We are accountable to our team members, humble, and demonstrate self-improvement.
In this role, you will:
- Have P&L and operational responsibility for our fast growing international business
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for 3x+ international growth over the next 18-24 months, and drive across every major function in the company
- Evaluate organic growth and M&A opportunities; make build or buy decisions by country and market segment
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams of Product, Engineering, Data Science, User Experience, and Design to deliver features from conception to launch
- Develop new business models anchored in your product vision, and drive your product as a program to achieve revenue targets
- Help define and evangelize product vision throughout the organization
- Curate and prioritize product ideas and requirements through qualitative and quantitative analyses, AB testing, and customer research
- Be hands on: write user stories, create wireframes, analyze data, oversee A/B tests, and take ownership to ensure we ship a high quality product
- Be responsible for communicating all aspects of your product initiatives to the entire company
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/OR/Eng), MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- You have 10+ years in a consumer-facing PM / TPM role
- You champion the cause of our consumers, providers, and brands
- You are a product visionary with a general manager mindset
- You are relentlessly resourceful and strive to find a way to make real progress
- You have experience delivering mobile (native & web) products
- You have a record of delivering initiatives from concept through completion
- You balance the needs of business with world-class UX, tempered by the realities of building and maintaining engineered systems at scale
- You are technically savvy with exposure to SOA and machine learning
- You are savvy with agile software development practices
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- You have experience working with digital advertising products
Work Environment: The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work! Telecommute option dependent on job function at the discretion of the manager. *Due to COVID-19, RealSelf employees are currently remote.
RealSelf is the world's largest online destination to learn about elective cosmetic procedures and to find the right doctor or clinic for you. More than 10 million people visit RealSelf each month to find out which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being "Worth It." RealSelf is powered by unbiased experiences shared by consumers for hundreds of treatments, ranging from simple skincare to high consideration cosmetic surgeries. Offering millions of photos and medical expert answers, RealSelf has become an essential resource and service for those seeking to find the right local provider.
About the Industry
According to a 2016 ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) study, Americans spent more than 13.5 billion dollars on combined (surgical and nonsurgical) aesthetic procedures in a single calendar year for the first time on record. The total reflects a 1.5-billion-dollar increase from 2014. Surgical procedures accounted for 58% of the total expenditures, surpassing the 8-billion-dollar mark for the first time, and nonsurgical procedures accounted for 42% of the total spending, surpassing the 5-billion-dollar mark for the first time. This dramatic increase in demand speaks to the rapidly increasing need for consumer education and engagement - a role RealSelf is proud to own in the industry. RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.