Principal Product Manager (Loyalty) at Expedia Group
The Loyalty Platform team is part of the EG Platform and Marketplaces organization. Our platform supports awarding and usage of points and rewards across Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and several external partners. Our team is charged with evolving our capabilities to support a new business model and extend loyalty more broadly to all of our brands. And we are looking for a Principal PM to join our team!
As a PM on our Loyalty team, you will lead the development and delivery of cross-branded loyalty for the newly formed loyalty organization. You will develop the go-to-market strategy, align key team members and leaders across the organization, develop the product delivery plan and road map a highly complex and diverse set of requirements.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Expedia and eCommerce Platform teams.
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach. In order to accomplish that, we are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic business problem solver, who is passionate about Expedia and the future of travel along with expanding our portfolio of services within the loyalty arena. Our group is a new team within the Platform and Marketplace organization who are charged with converging and evolving our systems to unlock the tremendous potential for loyalty for Expedia Group.
What you will do:
- Take the lead role in expanding Expedia Group's Loyalty capabilities that power our brands and external partners in the travel industry.
- Work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations and broader Expedia Group partners to build and execute our product delivery strategy.
- As a single threaded leader, you will drive from inception development and roll out cross-branded loyalty capabilities, go to market strategy and expansion to brands without loyalty.
- Lead the evolution of our non-cash payment methods.
- Resolve complex problems, work across EG teams and thrive in a constantly evolving setting.
- Have a strategic attitude and should be well versed in strategic business models and approaches.
- Obsess about the customer and work backwards to resolve product vision, strategy and road-map of capabilities
- Lead the execution of products from inception through deployment
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent required or MBA
- 5-10+ years with product, consulting, or technology experience in a corporate environment required
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping B2C and B2B products and services
- Knowledge and passion for Travel, e-Commerce and Payments
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Catalyst of change that can influence the broader organization and community of EG leaders
- Analytical problem solver who uses data and insights to drive decisions
- Collaborative leader who builds a constructive working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain the respect of senior management and external executives and partners.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.