Principal Product Manager, Network Efficiency at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (PST) on Monday, July 19, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About this role:
Network efficiencies are the heart and soul of Convoy’s digital marketplace. Through higher productivity, better asset utilization and automated matching, we unlock more opportunities to earn for drivers and reduce costs for companies looking to move freight. Our team has launched award-winning products lowering the carbon impact from transporting goods, and democratizing truck carriers’ access to freight.
In its journey to eliminate waste, Convoy is developing a range of “plan ahead” products that combine the reliability of large asset-backed trucking companies with the flexibility of smaller trucking fleets. Examples include allowing owner/operators and small fleets, who comprise 90% of carriers nationwide, bid on dedicated freight contracts typically reserved only for large or medium-sized carriers. These product experiences entail rethinking how we design antifragile transportation routes, how we fulfil the whole set of dynamic and committed demand efficiently, and how we embed automation considerations within a typically high-touch freight procurement cycle.
- Devise the strategy and drive execution to build a robust and high quality marketplace to connect our customers on both sides of the marketplace (shippers and carriers) in the most efficient way possible.
- Balance truck carriers’ desire to maximize revenue for their trucks yet give their drivers a predictable home timetable.
- Collaborate with partners internal to Convoy, including technical teams, business development, account-specific teams and global operations to ensure that new products support present and future use cases.
- Maintain, monitor and measure performance of launched products, and funnel learnings and product opportunities back to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Passion for system design and customer experience, as well as a strategic outlook towards how products align with business scenarios.
- Ability to do hands-on quantitative analysis.
- Experience working with cross-functional design, research and engineering teams.
Nice to haves:
- Deep passion for logistics and mobility, or familiarity with the network planning space.
- Direct experience in a marketplace product.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical members of an executive-level leadership team.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!