Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
You will be joining Marketplace Demand product organization which is responsible for acquiring, pricing and risk-managing demand into Convoy’s two-sided marketplace.
In your role, you will build new pricing offerings to meet unmet transportation needs of all customer segments. You will meet with various customer personas, deeply understand their problems, and use those insights to create new pricing offerings that leverage Convoy’s digital freight network and two-sided marketplace. You will also work closely with Research Scientists to build data products for these offerings that allow Convoy to operate a growth-margin trade off framework while ensuring exceptional service quality. In this role, customer adoption, growth and margin will be the first order of business for you.
You will own the vision, roadmap, and execution of this effort, with the outcomes directly impacting Convoy's future trajectory. To help you succeed, you will work with a "pod" that can consist of engineers, research scientists, and others which will be embedded on your charter. You will also partner closely with Sales, Marketing and Marketplace Growth organizations.
- Strategy: You will identify key strategy questions, establish a charter, and work towards alignment with your stakeholders.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales and Marketplace growth teams to identify long term innovations in our demand acquisition strategy.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Optimization: You will work closely with Data Science to optimize these offerings.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of proven success in Product Management
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority
- Experience working with technical and research teams
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively
- Experience in high growth environments
- 0 to 1 Experiences and high comfort level with ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in SQL - ability to pull data and complete analysis on your own
- Experience working in B2B businesses and customer-facing engagements
- Experience in forecasting, pricing, trading, risk-management or a related field
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!