Principal Product Manager - Retention, Global Product Core Experience
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
On the Global Product team, we’re focused on deeply understanding our customers across geographies to continuously improve upon existing experiences and to create new, innovative products and features that drive increased retention. We recognize that sending money abroad is a means to an end, and we strive to better understand our customers in order to create experiences tailored to their needs.
As a Principal Product Manager focused on retention, you’ll be an end-to-end product owner. You’ll work closely with partners and senior leaders across all facets of the company, and will develop a deep understanding of customer behaviors and segments. You will use this insight to develop a medium- and long-term strategic product vision, and you’ll lead the roadmap and delivery with an entrepreneurial, validated-learning approach. You should exhibit strong attention to detail and a high bar for UX, striving to design and launch world-class, innovative customer experiences. Especially given the delayed nature in realizing results of retention initiatives, you should be able to use a comprehensive understanding of data and models to create confidence when designing and launching projects despite a lack of immediate results.
We’re a cross-functional team and an extremely collaborative company - you should feel at home talking technology with developers, user experience with designers, acquisition and retention with marketing, metrics with data scientists and analysts, and business strategy with our business management and leadership team.
- You’ll stay abreast of the state-of-the-art in products and experiences in FinTech and related industries, and share insights throughout the business.
- You’ll build and execute project roadmaps alongside Software Managers/Developers, Product Designers, and Business Analysts.
- You’ll interact with Product Designers and Researchers to define UX and run studies for early validation and iteration.
- You’ll use customer development and associated research practices toward developing meaningful products across major customer segments.
- You’ll write clear and effective product proposals and specifications.
- You’ll define and launch experiments that both are technically feasible and provide meaningful next steps.
- You’ll analyze, interpret, and build models (alongside analysts) for data to understand and predict cohort value.
- You’ll propose, define, and lead critical projects across the entire company.
- You’ll regularly present project ideas and results to our executive leadership team.
- You’ll manage, monitor, and scale products after initial delivery.
- 7+ years in Product Management (or equivalent) roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation abilities
- Able to think big and retain conviction while validating hypotheses, potentially despite of skepticism or more conventional thinking
- A track record of strong customer-centric focus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience interpreting and using data for product decision-making
- Experience building for mobile applications
- Experience defining and creating new products, moving from “zero to one”
- Experience leading teams using the agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.